• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What musical instruments do you play/own?

blackshirt5

First Post
OK, somebody said that due to an overwhelming excess of time(which I dispute) and the creativity(which I agree with), gamers would make great musicians. So I decided to ask:

What Musical Instruments do you Play/Own?

I'll go first, it being my thread and all:
I own: A hand built(by me and a friend) Red Special, which is the guitar that Brian Mays, from Queen, plays and designed. We got the specs and decided to do it, mainly just for seeing if two putzes from Jersey could put together a working guitar from spare parts.

That's it.

Any posters welcome. Feel free to debate whether or not gamers are good as musicians.

Last edited:

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
None, and that bothers me. I took some Applied Piano classes when I was attending college back in America, and I was starting to gain some rudimentary proficiency, but then I went to study here in Japan, and thats mostly all gone now. I keep promising myself that one day I'll start on that again though.

blackshirt5

First Post
I'll only ever need that one guitar too. I hope to one day make Guitar Magazine's list of 25 weirdest guitarists and bump Wes Borland of the list.

National Acrobat

First Post
Guitars, Guitars, Guitars

Guitars. I love playing Guitar. Spent many years playing in a couple of local metal bands (cross between Sabbath, Trouble and Priest in essence) that did the local club scene while in college. Had 2 kids and had to decide between music on a regular basis or gaming on a regular basis. Gaming won due to easier schedules.

Anyway, I own:

A hand made Carvin Telecaster with a hot rodded double humbucker in the Bridge spot.

A jackson Rhoads V, black, sweet sounding machine.

A Black American Standard Stratocaster.

Laney 400 watt Stack.

They still see some ritual abuse on occasion.

blackshirt5

First Post
Good to hear that somebody else abuses their guitar. The worst spill mine has taken was trying to recreate that stunt that everybody tries at one time or another; that is, throwing your guitar up during the performance, catching it, and keep on playing. I, like Krist Noveselic, nailed myself in the head.

National Acrobat

First Post
Yeah, I tried that little stunt once also. Once. It slipped out of my hand and hit the floor. The band almost killed me due to the ear splitting feedback that shot through the practice space. I was banned from doing stupid guitar tricks after that.

blackshirt5

First Post
The band I was playing with just started laughing at me. It was my Brother-in-law's band, and we had gotten through about 3/4 of a set without incident, and then that disrupted the whole practice for like an hour, because everytime I'd start to play, the drummer would duck and everybody'd start laughing.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads