• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E What new mythical creatures would you like to see published for 4e?

VGmaster9

Explorer
I know there are tons of creatures based off of mythologies and folklore, but there are still some creatures that I am still yet to see in the monster manual. What are some mythical creatures would you like to see published for this edition? My picks are Furies, Fenris, Sirens, Wendigo, draconic worms (like the Lambton Worm), Amphipteres, Fafnir as a notable dragon, Leviathan, Tatzelworms, Scylla, and Sasquatch.

Incenjucar

Legend
Considering there are barely any magical beasts in the game (most of them are dragons), while there are absurd numbers of humanoids, I would focus on those.

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
I'd like to see a whole book of Lovecraftian/Cthulhu Mythos aberrations, including lots of fluffy and crunchy stuff for Star Pact and Summoner Wizards. I realize that there is already some of this. I just want more.

As Incenjucar points out, filling in gaps is also a good place to focus. Demons, Dragons, and Undead have all been done. To death. I realize that it's at least partly because they're iconic and everybody loves to fight them, but let's see something else.

Solvarn

First Post
Snooki

I know there are tons of creatures based off of mythologies and folklore, but there are still some creatures that I am still yet to see in the monster manual. What are some mythical creatures would you like to see published for this edition? My picks are Furies, Fenris, Sirens, Wendigo, draconic worms (like the Lambton Worm), Amphipteres, Fafnir as a notable dragon, Leviathan, Tatzelworms, Scylla, and Sasquatch.

1287183079-snooki-south-park.jpg

I'd like to see stats for Snooki from Jersey Shore. Solo, paragon-ish maybe?

GameDoc

Explorer
Wendigo would be awesome, but if they do it, I think they also need to include a curse or disease track that can transform someone into a Wendigo if they eat humanoid flesh.

Valkyries would also be interesting as a type of angel that serves the gods of war, especially Kord.

The Wild Hunt.

The Nemean Lion (their hide makes really good armor).

Mentat55

First Post
There are Wild Hunt hounds, and a firbolg leader of the Wild Hunt, complete with antlers and everything. I think they've also done wendigos in the Demonomicon.

A good sea serpent would be nice. Maybe an amphisbaena. More of the sphinx types. Baba Yaga as a wicked solo complete with magical hut. A dragon turtle. More darkly mischievous fey. Merfolk and tritons. Nuckelavee. Penanggalan. Kitsune.

Those are the ones that spring to mind.

Jhaelen

First Post
Wendigo would be awesome, but if they do it, I think they also need to include a curse or disease track that can transform someone into a Wendigo if they eat humanoid flesh.
Haven't they already been done for 4e?

I vaguely remember seeing them in ... Demonomicon, I think? Like many old favorites (Qullan, Brain Collector, etc.), they have a different name now (unless I'm mistaken ;-P).

Wednesday Boy

The Nerd WhoFell to Earth
Haven't they already been done for 4e?

I vaguely remember seeing them in ... Demonomicon, I think? Like many old favorites (Qullan, Brain Collector, etc.), they have a different name now (unless I'm mistaken ;-P).

Yup, in Demonomicon and they're still called wendigo.

I was looking through some lists of mythological creatures to see if there were any that I thought were overlooked and stumbled across the onocentaur. They're your basic centaur but with a donkey body instead of a horse. Poor guys.

Remove ads