• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What not yet published concept are you hoping for?

Vayden

First Post
1) Druids. Always loved 'em, I'd like to see what a non-CoDzilla version looks like. And please, shape-shifting heavy - spells are what a druid does when ripping his opponents to pieces as a giant bear doesn't work out.
2) Ki power source - me likey oriental-themed options. A Samurai that isn't total crap to play would be nice. (Ditto on the Monk).
3) Barbarian Smash!
4) More Gnoll goodness - lots more. :)
5) More of everything - feats, classes, weapons, powers, paragon paths - I'm loving the game, but the twink in me wants lots of splatbooks to play with.
6) Metallic dragons. Evil parties need to be able to destroy and desecrate iconic forces of good :).

lazerfish

First Post
More (read: better) multiclassing options, druid/monk/barbarian and the iconic bard, more powers for every class (especially the wizard), more paragon paths and MORE FLUFF.

I never thought that D and D would feel like pure math, but that's what 4e reminds me of.

I'm also disappointed with the subpar level of character customization available, though I'm sure that'll iron itself out over time.

Last edited:

fba827

Adventurer
Adding things up ..

Note: I did not try to interpret people's thoughts to try and get things to conform to the list, so some ideas are similar but not necessarily the same.

Here is what we have so far ....

CLASSES
* Druid (shapeshifting and spells) 5
* Nature-spell caster (entangles, lightning strike, gusts of wind, etc - like druid but without heavy focus on shapeshifting) 2
* Shapeshifter 1
* Barbarian 2
* Two-handed Striker (possibly barbarian) 1
* Swordmage 3
* Arcane Strike (ala arcane duelist) 1
* Unarmored arcane based melee striker 1
* Divine Striker 1
* Necromancer 5
* Summoner 3
* Magically-powered Leader classes 1
* Psions 3
* Monk 2
* Dwarven Defender 2
* Wild Mage 1
* Bard 1

POWER SOURCES
* Elemental Power Source 2
* Pscionics 3
* Ki 1

PC RACES
* Gnoll 2
* Goliaths 2
* Shadar-kai 1

MISC
* Fluff 4
* Red Steel/Savage Coast 1
* Grafts 1
* Gestalt Rules 1
* Wishes (done generically) 1
* More available options (feats, classes, weapons, powers, paragon paths, etc) 2
* Metallic Dragons 1
* More/Better Multiclassing options 1

And, of course it is safe to say that some people may not have mentioned things that were implied or already-known-to-be-released soon (i.e. primal power source isn't listed but considering the number of nature/druid/barbarian classes being hoped for, I'd say it's implied)

Last edited:

Particle_Man

Explorer
Modrons.

Well *I* like them, ok? :)

Shaper Psions

Soul Knives

Rules for Time Travel.

A loooooooong term campaign setting, where near immortal beings start in the ancient past, and fight off invasions of demons, skipping over time periods where demons are not invading, building up legends of themselves as they go (whether misinterpreted or not) and running into various new policital/technological systems as they progress forward in time. Eventually, the final battle is the Apocaplyse at the end of time.

Aristotle

First Post
*echo echo echo*

Racial paragon paths = double plus cool. Bladesinger could easily by a paragon for Swordmage, as I don't really see a need for two melee arcane classes. Dwarven Berserker for Barbarian and so on...

I really want to see summoning and shapeshifting classes as I have two different campaign setting ideas that require them. Well, one requires them. The other is my take on cyberpunk 4e, and I'm hoping the summoning rules will give me a good basis for "drones".

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Illusionists. 4E is very light on abilities and powers that aren't about kicking someone's ass. True illusionist abilities -- the illusionist wizard powers in Dragon are still about kicking ass, and not trickery -- are very much needed.

And lots and lots of fluff.

I will accept good third party versions of either of these if WotC doesn't step up to the plate.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads