• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What not yet published concept are you hoping for?

drothgery

First Post
Everything you need for Eberron to feel 'complete' to me. Which means

Classes
- artificer (House Cannith)
- druid (for the druidic sects)
- barbarian (humanoids, halflings)
- psion (or telepath) (Kalashtar and Inspired)
- soulknife (more Kalashtar and Inspired)
- necromancer (Aereni)
- an arcane defender (Knights Arcane); FR Swordmage works

Races
(the warforged in Dragon are Good Enough, though they'll surely get a more complete treatment in the Eberron Player's Guide)
- changeling/doppleganger (full PC treatment)
- gnome (full PC treatment)
- Kalashtar
- shifter (full PC treatment)
- half-orc

Character options
- dragonmarks
- channel divinity options for Eberron deities
- paragon paths for Eberron organizations

And just because I thought the 3.x class oozed flavor and a non-melee divine type would be good, bring back the Archivist as a second divine leader (as a pure caster, with Dark Knowledge instead of channel divinity)

Corjay

First Post
Illusionists. 4E is very light on abilities and powers that aren't about kicking someone's ass. True illusionist abilities -- the illusionist wizard powers in Dragon are still about kicking ass, and not trickery -- are very much needed.

And lots and lots of fluff.

I will accept good third party versions of either of these if WotC doesn't step up to the plate.
The Dragon Mag article on Illusionists provides 5 spells that have nothing to do with direct attacks. However, spells by their nature in 4e are meant for combat. Rituals are where you get the majority of your non-combat tactics.

I have no doubt things involving trickery are on their way. I think the WOTC staff aims to please.

The Green Adam

First Post
I just want more options in general. More for the classes already there, more classes, just more. I tried to make up some characters I'd like tp play if I was ever in a 4E game and they just felt the same as each other. Specifically I tried to make 3 Dwarf Wizards and I just did find enough options.

Alternatively I'd like to see the Gnome, Orc, Warforged, a Giant Race and a tiny Fae type race for species and Druids/Shamans, Illusionists, Barbarians, Bards, Bladesingers and/or Swordmages for classes.

And more...

AD

Particle_Man

Explorer
Yuck. I sincerely hope they'll never do this!

I've yet to see a system that actually works. Every single attempt at introducing effects/powers that allow time travel even in very limited ways has ended up being broken - at least in D&D.

The fact that in the past they have had bad rules in your opinion does not mean that they are doomed never to have good time travel rules.

Think of the vast mechanical improvements Psionics in 3.5 have over previous versions of Psionics.

But if you like, where you read me typing "time travel rules" substitute in "good time travel rules". :)

Jhaelen

First Post
True illusionist abilities -- the illusionist wizard powers in Dragon are still about kicking ass, and not trickery -- are very much needed.
Well, all powers are about kicking ass (or not getting your ass kicked), even the big majority of the so-called utility powers.

Aren't the things you're looking for already covered by rituals?

Belorin

Explorer
Me, I'm looking forward to the new Power Sources, Elemental, Ki, Primal, Psionics and Shadow. I want to see if they can make viable and fuctional classes from these sources, classes that I would want to play.
As for races, I've played Arduin with 21 playable races so it's all good there.

Bel

Cirex

First Post
Monks and Psionics.

About monks, I don't like the Asian flavour, but I really like the inner strength, perfection of mind and body concepts, allowing monks to deal great quantities of damage with their bare body (I'm talking about d20s and similar), resist magic, be immune to poisons and diseases, both mechanically and fluffy.

Psionics because mind powers have always been one of my favoriute concepts. When I was young, kids wanted to fly, have super strength or similar. I wanted to do things with my mind, like, move things or read minds. I got into Star Wars due this, probably, because Jedis got that kind of powers. Sadly I never got to play a Psionic (my DMs are core-only) but well, in my Eberron campaign, many villains were psionics.

DeusExMachina

First Post
The illusionist, barbarian and necromancer classes should be good. Simply more controllers is an absolute must, because now we have seen only 1 and I think with more classes we'll be able to relax a bit more about how strict the roles really are...

I'd like an expansion of the rituals. Not just extra rituals as they are now, but also alchemy and/or technology/science based rituals to create certain effects. I think they can go really far with this if they do it well...

Definitely psionics, as they were some of my favorite stuff from 3e...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads