What PC races are in your 4E group!

What 4E races are played in your campaign?

I was wondering how the group composition of other groups look like. I had the impression that 4E changed the composition to my previous experiences - more non-humans.
And I am also interested and seeing if the new races have traction among the 4E community, or if some get ignored.
The poll is about your group and what is actually been selected by the players, not only about your personal choice.
If you are in multiple group or have more then one campaign, please give votes for all races.

If you read this post and don't see a poll, please try again a few minutes later - apparently, threads can go online before the associated poll is finished

The options will be:
Dragonborn
Dwarf
Eladrin
Elf
Half-Elf
Halfling
Human
Tiefling
MM Race: (Warforged, Gnome, Half-Orc, Orc, Goblin, Kobold etc.)
Homebrew

I ran a D&D 4 campaign (currently playing KotS), and there have been no human PCs.
I am also part of a D&D 4 campaign (converted Savage Tides), and again, no humans!

I don't know if it's just a coincidence, or if it speaks to the relative powers of the races, or if it's all about the new and shiny, but I found that interesting.

It's just like 2E. No humans. In fact, it's moreso than 2E, because the resolute "human player", having steadily played humans for about fourteen years (except in games where you couldn't, like Vampire), decided to play a Tiefling (though he complained at length about the "emo" suggested background - I told him not all Tieflings were "torn between good and evil").

So we have a Dragonborn (Fey-pact Warlock), a Tiefling (Rogue), a Warforged (Fighter) and a Dwarf (Cleric), as well as an Elf (Ranger) who isn't in the area at the moment.

infax

First Post
Group 1 (set in Eberron - It is a game that started in 3.5 and was updated to 4e):
- Dragonborn Paladin
- Human Fey Pact Warlock
- Human Wizard
- Human Cleric
- Orc Fighter

Group 2 (classic-flavored homebrew):
- Dragonborn Paladin
- Human Paladin
- Human Fighter
- Elf Ranger
- Eladrin Wizard
- Halfling Rogue (I failed to remember the halfling when I voted)

Wormwood

Adventurer
Thursday:
Eladrin Rogue
Half-elf Warlord/Paladin
Halfling Ranger
Human Wizard
Human Paladin of the Raven Queen
Tiefling Infernal Warlock (me!)​

Sunday:
Dragonborn Paladin
Eladrin Wizard
Elf Ranger
Half-elf Fey Warlock
Human Fighter​

Nary a dwarf in sight.

edit: I'm curious how this poll will end up, because I was led to believe that dragonborn and tieflings were teh hatedz.

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
The PBP game I'm running through KotS in Eberron is

human wizard, human rogue, half-orc ranger (orc that can take human racial feats), warforged (Dragon version) fighter, dragonborn fighter, elf cleric

withak

First Post
Human fighter, human paladin, half-elf warlock, halfling rogue, dwarf cleric.

This may change, since we're still in "test mode", not having finished KotS yet. I'm allowing the players to swap out characters between sessions to try different things. (There's a bit of precedent for this, as we switched DMs mid-adventure. I was originally playing an eladrin wizard, but I took over as DM and the former DM took up the warlock.) The fighter and paladin may switch classes and/or races, but the other three are pretty much set, I believe.

Remove ads