D&D 5E What PHB class are you most anticipating?

What class in the PHB do you want to see?

• Bard

Votes: 27 13.8%
  • Barbarian

Votes: 9 4.6%
  • Cleric

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Druid

Votes: 19 9.7%
  • Fighter

Votes: 9 4.6%
  • Monk

Votes: 17 8.7%
  • Paladin

Votes: 27 13.8%
  • Ranger

Votes: 20 10.2%
  • Rogue

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • Sorcerer

Votes: 20 10.2%
  • Warlock

Votes: 37 18.9%
  • Wizard

Votes: 3 1.5%

• Poll closed .
? That 1d6 on successive attacks isn't limited to once per round. A dual-wielding ranger on a roll will keep adding it to every attack that hits. Maybe it is weak compared to other options (I haven't done a mathematical analysis), but it sure didn't feel weak in my group's playtests (though we had some technical issues, which might have skewed our perception).

I know :) +1d6 is effectively +3.5 damage, which is okay but only if you can get multiple attacks in a row to connect (and missing is very common in D&D, typically). It's just not a lot, especially when you don't have a lot of attacks (never really going about 2 maybe plus 1 from dual-wielding, but that uses your bonus action).

It's definitely weak compared to Fighter and Rogue (Basic Rogue) options, but I full expect it to be improved. I hope they just entirely re-work the Ranger build options, though, because both those options were fairly dull, ability-wise (though Horde Slayer does at least have the potentially effective whirlwind-type attack).

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
The most anticipated classes are all Charisma classes:

Bard
Paladin
Sorcerer
Warlock

But there seems to be no Charisma races.

One would think, the Elf who loves magic and song would need to do well as a Bard.
Well, there's always humans. :)

Plus, I would say at least Gnomes, Half-elves, Dragonborn, and Tieflings are all candidates to have at least one subrace that has a Charisma bonus, based on past history.

Xodis

First Post
Well, there's always humans. :)

Plus, I would say at least Gnomes, Half-elves, Dragonborn, and Tieflings are all candidates to have at least one subrace that has a Charisma bonus, based on past history.

I dont know about having subraces, but I would bet on Half-Elves having the CHA bonus, along with Tieflings.

marleykat

First Post
The most anticipated classes are all Charisma classes:

Bard
Paladin
Sorcerer
Warlock

But there seems to be no Charisma races.

One would think, the Elf who loves magic and song would need to do well as a Bard.
Pretty sure Drow got +1 to Charisma.

The Monk definitely, just out of sheer curiosity. It has been so craptastic and incoherent (with respect to its design focus/niche and its actual functionality) in all iterations prior to 4e and 13th Age. I'd just like to see if (1) they have a coherent design focus for it, (2) is it functional, and (3) do they pull it off.

Supernaturally guy who is pretty crap at combat and can kinda infiltrate and exfiltrate (but can't do much while there!) doesn't do a lot.

Stalker0

Legend
Monk for me...I've had a weakness for them since 3e.

5e playtest monk looked a bit on the weak side to me...really hoping they can keep pace with the final version.

Remove ads