D&D General What published module have you run or played the most?

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
For 3E it's an easy answer: The Sunless Citadel, since it was my go-to for new players for quite a long time, even after we started using Pathfinder 1E instead of 3.X.

For 2E it's harder to determine. I suppose it was technically A Hero's Tale, since I used several of the adventures in its anthology (though not all of them) at different times for my group.

Please note my use of affiliate links in this post.

Burnside

Space Jam Confirmed
Supporter
Lost Mine of Phandelver - 3.5 times
King of the Cats by MT Black - I think 4 times
Sunless Citadel - 2 times
Bad Apples by Dan Coleman - 2 times
Curse of Strahd - finishing up second time currently

Three of my own DMsGuild adventures I have run many times, due to playtesting and running them professionally at cons & live events
Secrets of the Blind Palace - estimate 10x, could be more
Attack on Coppercoil - at least 3 times, could be more
The Passenger (from The Malady Chronicles) - 3 times

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Yeah, that works, it’s just a shame that a 32-page adventure can be reduced to a 3-6 rolls or a paragraph of RP and a lone encounter.

You mean a lone combat encounter? Because there are plenty of encounters. The other guests of the lizardfolk, the secret prisoner, the priests guarding the abomination weird thing in the temple, and the other high priest who hates outsiders. Just walking around meeting (lizard) people, talking to them and trying to not be a bad guest and start a fight was a two session adventure! (if you include travel to and from)

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
I have a soft spot for Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth.
And The Slavers series, or at least A1 & A2 have seen more play than 3 or 4.

But I think, if we're really talking about "the most often used/played"...I think either Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh or Cult of the Reptile God have seen more action/get pulled out more than the two higher level ones.

Stormonu

Legend
I forgot B3 - Palace of the Silver Princess which I have definitely run at least three time, but probably more like five.

But the other thing I wanted to bring up was the number of people who are saying things like "I never or hardly ever re-run modules." I can understand not wanting to repeat material with the same group, but getting to run the same (good) module with different people is a pleasure unto itself: To both see what different choices they make and to run it more smoothly on your end as the DM is a delight!
There are so, so many adventures out there I could go through several lifetimes to try them all out. Running the same adventure multiple times is less fulfilling that breaking out one you haven’t done before and trying it out.

There are however, some good enough to do more than one (I6 & S2 for me).

jasper

Rotten DM
DDAL01-01 over 6 times but this my go to con module for new people. Some the old classics about 3 times each. DDAL06-01 I ran 4 times.

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
As DM and player, combined totals:

a friend's homebrew module: 5 times and counting (running it again as we speak)
Forgotten Temple of Tharizdun: 4 (?) times
L-1 Secret of Bone Hill: 4 times
A-2 Slavers Stockade: 3 (?) times
Tower of Ullision: 3 times

A huge number twice, once as player then again as DM.

Remove ads