What RPG do you most regret parting with?

General_Tangent

Adventurer
I have a strict "don't even ask policy because no one is borrowing any of my books ever again". I lent someone a copy of the Ravenloft novel "Vampires of the Mist". When I asked him for it back, he had lent it to someone else...I never saw it again. As strange as it sounds, I almost think that's worse than just having stolen it.
I am exactly the same. I had to adopt this practice after I lent one of my friends my copy of the original Palladium TMNT core book so he could prep a game with it. Then he told me that it had been destroyed when he had a nosebleed all over it.

R_J_K75

Legend
I am exactly the same. I had to adopt this practice after I lent one of my friends my copy of the original Palladium TMNT core book so he could prep a game with it. Then he told me that it had been destroyed when he had a nosebleed all over it.
I give the guy A for effort, if that isnt a line of B.S. I don't know what is. Mustve looked like this
KABOOM.gif

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
I ran an Amazon affiliate used game store, Crazy Monkey's Asylum (online only) for a number of years that was just me selling off my collection. Of all the things I sold, I really only regret selling the premium reprints of the various D&D editions that came out during the gap between D&D 4E and D&D 5E. Also, the fancy black faux leather cover collector's hardcover of Vampire: The Masquerade 20th Anniversary Edition.

ShinHakkaider

Adventurer
My friends and I played the hell out of TMNT AND OTHER STRANGENESS for a short window (maybe 2 years?) but I sold it off a few years ago along with a loosely related system book MYSTIC CHINA.

We had so much fun making characters in that system. It really feels like it was a different generation of players back then. I don't think players or prospective players now would have the patience to create characters in a crunchy system like Palladium or Hero System.

ShinHakkaider

Adventurer
In a related note, My original copy of TEMPLE OF ELEMENTAL EVIL was so used and beat to hell by the time the early aughts rolled around that it was falling apart. Luckily I was able to secure a replacement copy on ebay just before the prices shot up for some reason. So I didn't voluntarily get rid of it but it was one of the few books (next to MEKTON II) that just fell apart from usage.

Thomas Shey

Legend
I've never deliberately gotten rid of anything, but I do think possibly both of my copies of the SF RPG Space Quest have disappeared, and since you can't find it in digital form...

Old Fezziwig

Well, that was a real trip for biscuits.
In a related note, My original copy of TEMPLE OF ELEMENTAL EVIL was so used and beat to hell by the time the early aughts rolled around that it was falling apart.
Mine was also in dire condition from frequent use. It's possible that it may have been in two pieces, but twenty years on my mental image of it before it was cleared out is fuzzy, to say the least.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Maybe you were short of money and you sold it. Maybe you were short of space and gave it away. Maybe you lost it in a move, or the dog ate it, or it was destroyed in an overflowing toilet incident.

Whatever the reason, you no long are in possession of this beloved RPG book. What is it?

I have stupidly gotten rid of many books over the years, and I almost always regret having sold or lost all of them at some point or another (even if it is just because I have an itch to read it for nostalgia sake). But the one that really bugs me that I wish I had never parted with is the Star*Drive setting for Alternity. It is one of my favorite space opera settings and the book was really fun to read: thick and dense and good for just diving deep into. There are other books -- I gave away all my author copies of GWd20 PHB for example -- but I actually miss that Star*Drive book at least once a year.
My bedraggled and much-loved 1E books (PHB, MM, DMG, UA, Fiend Folio, MM2 and the original Deities & Demigods) were held together by tape by the time I was midway through college and stupidly sold them to a comic shop to make room in my closet. Prior to that, I had just as stupidly gotten rid of a bunch of the monotone original modules in favor of the "better" full color covers.

I would like almost all of those back please, thanks.

Remove ads