D&D 4E What should the next new official campaign setting for 4e be like?

blalien

First Post
I would love to see Rich Burlew's campaign setting. Unfortunately, I don't think he's doing that much work nowadays and probably wouldn't get involved.

VGmaster9

Explorer
I'd like to see a seafaring setting. The dungeons are mostly on islands you have to reach by ship. The different races mostly come into contact by visiting each others ports or on the open sea.

Not looking for a Freeport or 4e Pirates of the Carribean setting. Something fresh. For that matter, it could be the same default world as the Nentir Vale, just somewhere else far away.

Sounds pretty exciting to me :D

VGmaster9

Explorer
Something new, first off.

Secondly, something that isn't based on Medieval Western Europe, at least not entirely. I have a real interest in the Midgard project because of its focus on Slavic and Eastern European/Russian myth.

Thirdly, something that pushes the unique aspects of 4e, things like the Shadowfell and Feywild, gives a new spin on the Dawn War, new origins for races, not unlike Zeitgeist (in some respects).

Definitely NOT a kitchen sink world, unless they're going to expand Nentir.

Not bad at all.

I would also probably go for a Norse themed setting or a setting consisting of places modeled after ancient civilizations like Egypt, Greece, Rome, Babylon, Atlantis, etc, kinda like Conan's Hyboria.

Klaus

First Post
I'd like to see a seafaring setting. The dungeons are mostly on islands you have to reach by ship. The different races mostly come into contact by visiting each others ports or on the open sea.

Not looking for a Freeport or 4e Pirates of the Carribean setting. Something fresh. For that matter, it could be the same default world as the Nentir Vale, just somewhere else far away.
Something like Pirates of Dark Water mixed with Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas? I'd like to see something like that.

I don't know anything about Mystara/Hollow World. Is it like the former or latter?

Nations of the Known World of Mystara (the main campaign setting) included ones that were similar to:

Medieval Britain
Ancient Rome
Mongols
Vikings
Saudi Arabia
Renaissance Italy
American Indians

In addition, there were nations in the Hollow World that were similar to:

Ancient Greece
Ancient Egypt
Aztecs

Remove ads