• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What Should The_Universe Run at Gen Con?

Which Game(s) Should the Universe Run at Gen Con?

The_Universe

First Post
I've got ideas for several games to run this Gen Con, all of which, at the moment, using Mutants and Masterminds 2E. Depending on when the Star Wars Saga edition comes out (and how much I like it when it does) I may also be interested in running something with that. However, for the moment, it's looking like Mutants and Masterminds is going to be where it's at...and I want to know what people are most interested in! I'm definitely going to run a game, and there's a reasonably high likelihood that I'll actually try to run 2. Your votes matter, but it's really going to revolve around what strikes my fancy. I'll probably put the kibosh on the lowest vote-getter, however.

Culper Ring: The Mad King's War PL 10 Superheroes
The insane ravings of George III have once more brought redcoats to the shores of a the young United States. You know not what they seek, but they have already driven toward Washington, and threaten to burn the city to the ground. Only you, as a member of the secretive and powerful Culper Ring, can stop the British and their Hessian mercenaries before Washington, DC is little more than ash! Stop the redcoats, save the President, and learn just what your British counterparts are hoping to find in the ashes of the Capital. Characters are thin pastiches of the Justice League and/or Avengers, with an American history twist; including Minuteman, Lantern, Swamp Fox, the Frontiersman, Blackbeard's Ghost, and the Jersey Devil. Enemies will include hordes of redcoats, Merlin, Paul Bunyan, Springheel Jack, and a host of other history-inspired superbaddies.

Masters of the Hollow Earth: Under a Sunless Sky PL 4-7 Agents (as yet, the PL is not settled)
WWII. Germans, Dinosaurs, Serpentmen, and the Hollow Earth. Need I say more? Action-packed and pulpy to the extreme. Characters will be pulp archetypes, with an emphasis on military and espionage-related backgrounds. Likely the first game in a series.

League of Extraordinary '80's TV Stars: The Murdock Imperative PL 4-7 Agents (as yet, the PL is not settled) After clearing your name(s) in the heinous murder of Jessica Fletcher, circumstances bring you back together once more. Hannibal Smith, leader of an infamous mercenary cell that successfully hid from the US military for years in the Los Angeles underground, is found brutally murdered. Can Ben Matlock, Michael Knight, TJ Hooker, MacGyver, Magnum PI, and the rest of the gang solve the mysteries surrounding his death before someone else falls prey?

GI JOE: Global War on COBRA PL 5-8 Agents (as yet, the PL is not settled)
The free world is in danger, threatened by ever more sophisticated terrorist networks bent on spreading their warped ideologies across the globe. Intelligence sources indicate that formerly disparate groups are increasingly being brought together under a single organization by the mysterious (but apparently charismatic) Emir al-Cobra. Fighting for freedom wherever there's trouble, GI Joe is there. But can it get there in time to stop the Emir's plans!? Characters are classic GI Joe characters (Duke, Snake Eyes, Scarlet, etc.), played as a semi-authentic counterterror-focused Special Operations team. Or maybe played for broad, self-referential comedy. ...I'm still pretty shaky on this particular idea...

Let me be completely unhelpful and vote for the two that have already been voted for.
I grew-up on GI Joe and most of the series mentioned.
Fru beat me to MacGuyver - dibs on Magnum (or one of the Simon brothers should you go that route. :) )

Thunderfoot said:
Let me be completely unhelpful and vote for the two that have already been voted for.
I grew-up on GI Joe and most of the series mentioned.
Fru beat me to MacGuyver - dibs on Magnum (or one of the Simon brothers should you go that route. :) )

If you play Magnum, you must grow a 'stache. It's tradition.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
If MacGyver's gone, I want The Hoff.

Actually, I take that back. I want The Hoff even if MacGyver's available.

-Hyp.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads