What Shows Would You Make?

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
So, imagine you have control of the franchise, and you have Disney money.

What are your deep wish Star Wars shows?

Mine:

Antarian Rangers - set in the Mandalorian timeframe or soon after, get a good ensemble, have them stop one of the many post-imperial factions from rising, investigate some dark side stuff, hide one or two force users in their ranks. Aim for Firefly meets Galaxy Rangers.

House of Wren - Just a show about Sabine Wren. Asohka can come too.

[a good name] - canonize my friend’s Outer Rim sector, with its human Traveler folk, holdout faction of Imperial loyalists as the Alliance transitions to the New Republic, it’s strange ruins of a fallen interstellar empire from long ago, it’s exiled houses of Tapani nobles, lots of other cool stuff. The protagonists would be two Tapani brothers and thier allies. The older brother is a Jedi (either student of Luke or perhaps a member of an offshoot order that survived the Jedi purge by hiding out in the backwater frontier) who is working with the local rebels, and the younger brother is a racer, saber-rake, gambler, and “entrepreneur” with a heavily customized YT-1930 modified by his Traveller genius mechanic girlfriend. They’re foils to eachother, and have a younger sister that is getting herself in trouble by hacking both Imperial and civilian networks.

They could be sisters instead, without changing anything else. The show would move through action of various kinds, philosophical questions and explorations, political intrigue, and eventually discovering that the younger brother is Force Sensitive, and probably flirt with him going dark because he is a hothead.

aco175

Legend
I would make a trilogy (of course) of the 3 Zahn books that took place after the movies. I now the books are like 25 years old, but they would make good movies.

I also liked the book that followed all the minor cast from the Jabba scene where Luke walked in. The book had a chapter on why/how each of these 'small' people came to the place from the jawas to the musicians. There could be an hour show on each of these.

You can also just make up a show about some stormtroopers and life on the front lines. It could be a soldier show or something like a space cowboy show that is more fun. It could even be more A-Team and light. Just a bunch of grunts making the best of it.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
So, the problem is that it's all on Disney+.

I would be genuinely interested in seeing the Star Wars universe explored, but with a more realistic and gritty look. Sure, the Mandalorian (and similar shows) can ... somewhat ... push the boundaries, but not really. It's akin to when Netflix made the Marvel shows (Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Punisher, Luke Cage, and ... that other one). They weren't perfect, by any means, but they were vital and different in a way that the MCU and associated shows were not. It opened different areas to explore.

I wouldn't want that to be the entirety of Star Wars- after all, it's mostly for kids. We don't need it to see Darth Edgleord Grimdarky. But I would like to see further exploration of more complex themes than I think Disney+ can present.

Argyle King

Legend
•a VH1 Behind the Music style documentary about the Cantina Band

•a horror movie in which Vader is hunting down and killing other force users. It would be like a cross between Jason/Michael Myers and Highlander. The scene is a family camping on an idyllic planet. A father explains the myth behind a constellation to a child, while sitting by the campfire. lightsaber noise as a red tint cones across the terrified faces of the family Mayhem ensues.

Remove ads