• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E What Single Thing Would You Eliminate

TheSword

Legend
Not getting drawn into another superhero debate about 5e. They are a bottomless pit. Different people play the game in different ways. Internal logic is fine in D&D for me.

Last edited:

Reynard

Legend
Not getting drawn into another superhero debate about 5e. They are a bottomless pit. Different people play the game in different ways. Internal logic is fine in D&D.
Wait, you're not going to get drawn into an argument but you are going to make such an assertion at the end?

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
Superhero was the level 8 title for the fighting-man in original DnD. Actually, looking it up, it looks like it was kept for ADnD as well.

Somewhat related to level titles, does anyone use the old level titles to create NPCs? Like sometimes I create footpads and prestidigitators and swordmaster and then I have a number of NPCs to create an encounter with. It was more of a thing I'd do in 2e and, I think 3e, since 5e already has a number of NPCs already made up.

S'mon

Legend
Not in 1e I don't think - Hero is in there somewhere, and they cap out at Lord/Lady.

I don't know the level titles in BECMI, it's entirely possible Super-hero is used there.

In 1e (et al) you are a Superhero at F8, before you become a Lord at F9. It more refers to characters like John Carter of Mars or maybe Conan though, not The Hulk.

S'mon

Legend
bot john and Conan would be and minimum Olympians in modern terms.
By Olympians you just mean Olympic athletes? Not the gods of Olympus?
I think they'd both be well over Olympic standard generally; there's a 3rd level Fighter Time Lost Adventurer NPC imc Jane Poole of Bognor Regis, who's noted as having been in the British Olympic Women's Fencing Team back on Earth. :D

Remove ads