• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

what superhero movie do you want to see?

Silver Moon

Adventurer
nHammer said:
Anybody who know anything about the comic HellBlazer knows that Keanu is COMPLETELY wrong for the part. It's my hope this movie never gets made.
Actually, I have quite a number of issues of the comic. While I agree that he is not who I would have cast in the part, I think he has enough acting talent to pull it off with the right script. I do think they will need to mofify his appearance somewhat to make him look a little less Keanuish.

Grifter86

First Post
I think the world needs Aquaman. Or possibly The Question...

...Or a Batman movie based on Batman: Year One...

...Or some puppies and fewer hoboes...

nHammer

First Post
Silver Moon said:

Actually, I have quite a number of issues of the comic. While I agree that he is not who I would have cast in the part, I think he has enough acting talent to pull it off with the right script. I do think they will need to mofify his appearance somewhat to make him look a little less Keanuish.

Constantine is British, Reeves isn't. Reeves can't even do an English accent (Bram Stoker's Dracula proves that).

Kesh

First Post
I actually enjoyed Spider-man quite a bit. The lead actor was a bit stiff, but overall I thought it made a great adaptation from comic to screen.

jdavis

First Post
Fast Learner said:
Yes, but of course highest-grossing doesn't really mean anything since, for example, movie tickets were $4 when Batman came out, and now they're $8+. Big shock that the highest grossing movies are mostly recent ones -- if the film is more than 10 years old and is still up there then I'm considerably more impressed.

Of course X2 was incredible, a true superhero movie, by far the best imo. Like Spidey but moreso, it really has the feeling of a comic book.

I agree the year it came out does make a big difference, but where I live movie tickets were $5.00 10 years ago and they are $6.25 now, that's not that big a change, and I'm sure that in a lot of places prices haven't doubled in the last 10 years.

My point was that you can't discount Spiderman as anything even remotely resembling a failure, yes some people don't like it but it is by and far one of the biggest movies ever. With video sales Spiderman will break a Billion Dollars easy, it's hard to call a movie with that kind of sales a failure, if you don't like it you are obviously in the minority, For better of worse it will be the template for how future Super Hero movies will be done. X2 may catch it if it can maintain the numbers it has been doing but it will basically have to stay in theaters most of the summer, like Spiderman did. Regardless of the year the movie did a huge box office and saying a 100 million people have seen it is not really a outlandish statement, If you look at just the American Box Office it is 5th on the list and is ranked with movies like Jurrasic Park, Star Wars, Titannic and E.T. Yes it made more money because it is newer but very few movies ever break $100,000,000 even modern movies, it made over $400,000,000 in America alone. Don't discount the Box Office take because movies are a buisness and that's what the studeos are looking at, sucess is judged by how much money a movie makes and by what competition it was up against when it was out. Spiderman faced some of the stiffest competion ever and well exceeded everyone's expectations. It will go down as one of the biggest movies of all time and will be seen as one of the best Super Hero movies ever reguardless of what comes out in the future.

jdavis

First Post
nHammer said:

So obviously your personal opinion on how good the movie was and the general publics opinion are quite different, and since these movies will be designed for general public appeal you should expect Super Hero movies to end up being more and more like Spiderman was in the future, that's obviously what the general public wants and likes. I'm sorry you didn't like it but it happens most people thought it was great, the numbers back that up.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
nHammer said:

Constantine is British, Reeves isn't. Reeves can't even do an English accent (Bram Stoker's Dracula proves that).

Err, yes. But that's irrelevant, because as I mentioned, the screenplay makes Constantine an American.

I'm not exactly thrilled with that, but the character concept has so much fun potential that I'm going to withhold judgment until I see it. I think Silvermoon is right; with Reeves, they can attract a fantastic budget and screenwriter. They'll have to.. Constantine is so quintessentially British in my mind that I'm not sure how they're going to carry it off.

Anyways, it's okay if you hate the idea, but please don't tell me (or Silver Moon) what I do and don't know about the role. Thanks!

Last edited:

Kud Ryknow

First Post
I would love to see a Venom movie. He was definitely the coolest spider-man villian, and if he doesn't get in the next movie, I say he should get his own.

Remove ads