• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What system are you currently playing?

What system are you currently using?

• D&D 3.5

Votes: 278 77.9%
  • D&D 3.0

Votes: 62 17.4%
  • AD&D 2nd edition.

Votes: 12 3.4%
  • AD&D 1st edition.

• OD&D, Chainmail, or Basic D&D (Moldvay, or red-box)

Votes: 18 5.0%
  • Castles and Crusades

Votes: 21 5.9%
  • Arcana Unearthed

Votes: 29 8.1%
  • Hackmaster

Votes: 5 1.4%
  • HARP

Votes: 14 3.9%
  • Rolemaster

Votes: 6 1.7%
  • Grim Tales

Votes: 18 5.0%
  • HERO

Votes: 17 4.8%
  • GURPS

Votes: 24 6.7%
  • Palladium

Votes: 7 2.0%
  • D20 Modern

Votes: 53 14.8%
  • D20 Future / D20 Past (is it out yet?)

Votes: 33 9.2%
  • Conan D20

Votes: 11 3.1%
  • Spycraft

• Call of Cthulhu D20

Votes: 24 6.7%
  • Star Wars D20

Votes: 28 7.8%
  • Star Wars (West End Games)

Votes: 7 2.0%
  • Iron Kingdoms

Votes: 11 3.1%
  • Shadowrun

Votes: 10 2.8%
  • Mutants and Masterminds

Votes: 34 9.5%
  • 7th Sea

Votes: 4 1.1%
  • Buffy

Votes: 4 1.1%
  • BESM

• Exalted

• F.U.D.G.E.

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • RuneQuest

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Paranoia

• Wargame (Warhammer, Battletech, etc.)

• Vampire, the Masquerade

• White Wolf (Other)

Votes: 22 6.2%

Dracomeander

First Post
Definitely needed an other choice.

Currently running:
Arcana Unearthed - Diamond Throne
Earthdawn - Have run the game since it was introduced. Wish I could find a game to play in.

Currently playing:
D&D 3.5
AD&D 2ed
Call of Cthulhu (Chaosium 5th ed)
Legend of the Five Rings (1st ed)
Exalted
Battletech
D20 Modern/Chill Blend
Slaine
Rolemaster
Stargate

Pinotage

Explorer
Online DM:

A Homebrew 3.5e Aquatic Campaign

Online Playing:

3.5e City of the Spider Queen
3e Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil

I'm hoping to start up another online game when the aquatic one nears its end, probably something like Crypt of the Devil Lich.

Pinotage

Virel

First Post
DM

1st ed AD&D Greyhawk "Celene Campaign" w/three groups of active adventures at present - several times a month.

Play

1st ed AD&D
3e D&D

The Cardinal

First Post
GMing:

GURPS 4e (several campaigns: fantasy homebrew, Cabal, Infinite Worlds, will try to re-start my Reign of Fire(post-apocalyptic horror/sf/fantasy) campaign on saturday)

D&D3.5 (WLD, h&s videogame dungeoncrawling)

Would like to play:

AFMBE
C&C
UA
anything GURPS4e

Henry

Autoexreginated
WOW! There's a lot of people playing a lot of different games in a month! :eek:

We just finished a 3.5 Eberron Game, and plan to be starting up an alternating 3e/Star Wars d20 game in about a week and a half.

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
My three Saturdays a month are busy...

First Saturday:playing in pure anime Fluff and crunch EXALTED/White Wolf...

Second Saturday: Playing in a 2.0/3.0/3.5 mixed Forgotten Realms setting...

Third Saturday:Co-Dming with the GM from EXALTED, in a 3.5 cinematic Eberron game....

If there a fifth Saturday in a month, we usually play an extra EXALTED game...

So, in a given month run...four gaming Saturdays in a row...mercy.

Last edited:

Blue_Kryptonite

First Post
I don't get to be a Player, it just never happens or falls apart fast. Most of the time since 1978 or so, I've been the DM. :\

That said, I'm currently running heavily modded/added to D20 (3.5, lots from UA, and bits from other sources all across the baord, with a goal to make things light, fast, non-miniature-based, and cinematic), Mutants & Masterminds with bits from Silver Age Sentinels mixed in, and Decipher's CODA Star Trek.

der_kluge

Adventurer
Wow, I want to know where some of you people find time to play in/GM so many different games.

My wife allows me every other week, and the occasional game day. But that's about it. Those of you playing 3+ games, are you in college, or high school? What gives?

die_kluge said:
Wow, I want to know where some of you people find time to play in/GM so many different games.

My wife allows me every other week, and the occasional game day. But that's about it. Those of you playing 3+ games, are you in college, or high school? What gives?

Play by Post games. I don't have a 'real' group at this point. Of course, I'm on the high end anyway, as I'm currently between high school and college. Lots of time on my hands at the moment, though running online games isn't anything like ones with a face to face group.

scourger

Explorer
I chose 3.5, but the answer is more complicated. I'm running a weekly 3.5 game of The Shackled City adventure path from Dungeon with additional adaptations for Star Wars jedi, Judge Dredd judges and Omega World mutant humans. I'm playing Star Wars (d20) irregularly--feels like about 1 session per month; and playing Star Wars Rebel Storm minis at about the same frequency. I'm also playing in a weekly Pharoah 1e adventure, using 1e.

I don't know how long I can keep it all going! The 1e adventure will stop soonest; the DM is leaving town and it's my least favortite anyway. After that, it will be back to a manageable level.

Edit regarding time management: I'm a married, working, 35-year-old professional. Gaming twice weekly is tough, especially DMing 1 of those nights. I've only done it for the past 2 weeks. I don't think I could do it indefinitely. I also don't think I could do it once I have children--nor would I probably want to. The other (Star Wars) games are just when 1-3 of us can get together on weekends. We've talked about other nights, but everyone's schedule is busy. This hobby takes time, but I enjoy it too much to quit. I have and continue to refine my financial and effort investments in it, though.

Last edited:

Remove ads