• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What tabletop software do you use?

What tabletop software do you use?

• Roll 20

Votes: 20 37.7%
  • Fantasy Grounds

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • OpenRPG

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Maptool

Votes: 18 34.0%
  • Epic Table

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • D20Pro

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • Other (care to tell?)

Votes: 10 18.9%

• Poll closed .

Lindeloef

First Post
I am using Maptool. That's the program that fulfills most of what I need out of a VT. (except the fog tool and I are at war most of the times)

I tried Roll20 and looked at the trial of Fantasy Grounds. Roll20 wasn't to my liking and FG had nothing that would justify the price for me.

Lwaxy

Cute but dangerous
I got FG2 at a discount. :)

I don't get along with Maptool at all - can't even connect to it right now. Which is annoying since most of the Star wars one-shots I want in are run on Maptool

Matchstick

Adventurer
Fantasy Grounds. Just starting to explore Roll20.

I bought Fantasy Grounds way long ago (2006 maybe?) and haven't had to pay to upgrade since. At this point it's cost me pennies per session.

Cherno

Explorer
I used MapTool for my D&D 4E Dark Sun campaign. I like that incredible flexibility the program offers, being able to tailor it to my exactl needs, making encounters, maps, enemies and everything just as I want without habing to compromise on the presentation. I generally like to tinker with stuff and am never satisfied with the "vanilla" version of anything, so it's a big plus, and it helps that I am fairly skilled in Photoshop to create my own tokens and environments. Otherwise I would may prefer something simpler with less choices but more user friendliness.

Remove ads