What will be your next campaign?

atanakar

Hero
This is pretty much how I always start campaigns. Not so much the band of orcs, but the "something is happening, right now" thing. Literally--start of the first session, draw a map and have the players put their characters on it. A little scene-setting, then [stuff] hits the fan.

I started a game of Cyberpunk Savage World with characters drinking in a shady bar in a even shadier part of town. Suddenly a white van turns the corner followed by a pimped car. Guns shots are fired. The van hits the brink wall. Both parties start a shooting war. Seconds later everyone is dead. The PC come out to investigate and find a big stash of drugs in the van. I then said what do you do? Well, they took the drug and ran with it.

prabe

Tension, apprension, and dissension have begun
Supporter
I started a game of Cyberpunk Savage World with characters drinking in a shady bar in a even shadier part of town. Suddenly a white van turns the corner followed by a pimped car. Guns shots are fired. The van hits the brink wall. Both parties start a shooting war. Seconds later everyone is dead. The PC come out to investigate and find a big stash of drugs in the van. I then said what do you do? Well, they took the drug and ran with it.

That actually sounds pretty appropriate for the setting, unless you'd specifically asked for non-criminal characters (which in a cyberpunk setting would be ... difficult).

The 5e group I play with got experimental with a recent campaign, and that went off the rails. (We lived in the internet, and nothing made sense.)

I'm not ready to run my next idea, so another GM is starting a campaign set in a prison plane. Characters from around the multiverse get stuck here - and by multiverse he means an assortment of all published settings for D&D.

Each PC gets to pick their first level, then randomly rolls a class to get their second level, which is the result of our souls mingling with the dead, who aren't able to escape to the afterlife.

I picked a fighter, and randomly rolled warlock. Another player who had picked warlock randomly rolled fighter. We're like Ken and Ryu.

Remove ads