What would a Time Lord's awakening look like from the perspective of the inhabitants of it's setting?

Chess435

Explorer
If I understand IH: Ascension correctly, a Time Lord represents the full might of a given universe personified, formed when a cosmic being transcends and is able to subsume the rest of the fundamental aspects of their universe. (Correct me if I'm wrong.)

What happens to the inhabitants of a given setting when this occurs? It seems to me such an event would be a perfect trigger for a good-ol' fire and brimstone apocalypse, albeit on a cosmic scale, destroying pretty much everything as the fundamental nature of things is twisted around at the ascendee's whims. And would the mortal and immortal inhabitants have any recourse other than escape? (And would mortals have any hope of survival in Pleromic Space?)

Last edited:

My personal take is that it wouldnt affect the inhabitants unless the time lord specifically wants to.
Think of the time lord like a person and the inhabitants of each universe as baterial. When you wake up in the morning move around and stuff, the level or amount of bateria isnt specifically affected.
But lets say you have a problem like you got a cold(unruly mortals looking to usurp you), your internal immune system(neutrium golems or something similar) works to neutralise the threat. If that doesnt work, you eat medicine(make new stuff or change the laws of said universe) to neutralise the threat.
Those a person waking up or being asleep affect the mirco-organisms living in and on your body. Not really. Its only when you specifically need to manage the levels of mircopes in your body do you eat medicne or undergo a treatment that the levels really change.
If say you waking up caused a mass genocide of your mircobodies, you probably have something wrong with your body and should get it checked out.
So all in all, no not really. The time lord is so far above the inhabitants of its universe that its actions should not affect its inhabitants in a way it doesnt desire. If it say unintentionally kills all the beings in its universe, it could probably cast a whole bunch of wishes to will them back.
Of course this doesnt mean a time lord cannot cause a mass extinction of its universe if it wants to.

I personally make it a beautiful thing, the cosmos is filled with shimmering kaleidoscopic light and infinite beauty pervades the entire universe. Maybe something like a sunrise of incredible proportions. A galaxy rise as Sagan would put it.

My personal take is that it wouldnt affect the inhabitants unless the time lord specifically wants to.
Think of the time lord like a person and the inhabitants of each universe as baterial. When you wake up in the morning move around and stuff, the level or amount of bateria isnt specifically affected.

Basically this, albeit the relationship is more like a person (the time lord) and the component quarks making up their body (people).

But lets say you have a problem like you got a cold(unruly mortals looking to usurp you), your internal immune system(neutrium golems or something similar) works to neutralise the threat. If that doesnt work, you eat medicine(make new stuff or change the laws of said universe) to neutralise the threat.
Those a person waking up or being asleep affect the mirco-organisms living in and on your body. Not really. Its only when you specifically need to manage the levels of mircopes in your body do you eat medicne or undergo a treatment that the levels really change.
If say you waking up caused a mass genocide of your mircobodies, you probably have something wrong with your body and should get it checked out.
So all in all, no not really. The time lord is so far above the inhabitants of its universe that its actions should not affect its inhabitants in a way it doesnt desire. If it say unintentionally kills all the beings in its universe, it could probably cast a whole bunch of wishes to will them back.
Of course this doesnt mean a time lord cannot cause a mass extinction of its universe if it wants to.

You'll like my new book Lordnightshade2. ;)

Remove ads