D&D 2E What would you bring from PF2e to your 5e game?

dave2008

Legend
Pretty simple, as the title suggests. Pathfinder 2nd Edition has been out a bit now and though I am still learning the system (don't have a group to play yet) there a definitely some interesting ideas that could be ported to my 5e game (I'm the DM).

For example, I think I will import the idea of "Exploration Activities" pretty much wholesale. It gives a little bit of structure and tactics to a portion of the game that is a bit loose in my game. I think my players might like it.

How about you? Anything in PF2e that grabs your eye?

dave2008

Legend
I'd love to bring over the 3 action system. Unfortunately, I haven't come up with a good way to do so that isn't effectively rewriting everything.
I would be interested in that has well, but see the same issue. But I am not convinced the 3 action economy is an improvement really. Though I would be interested in a 6-action economy, but again, that would require a complete re-write.

Dale Libby

Explorer
Bonus to what? I really haven't looked at ancestry (races) yet.

If I remember correctly, all PF2 races (except humans*) get two fixed boosts, a floating boost, and one penalty to their ability scores. Foe example, the dwarf get a +2 boost their their Wisdom and Constitution scores, a -2 penalty to their Charisma score, and one free boost to a ability score of their choice.

* Humans just get a free boost to any two ability scores.

dave2008

Legend
If I remember correctly, all PF2 races (except humans*) get two fixed boosts, a floating boost, and one penalty to their ability scores. Foe example, the dwarf get a +2 boost their their Wisdom and Constitution scores, a -2 penalty to their Charisma score, and one free boost to a ability score of their choice.

* Humans just get a free boost to any two ability scores.
Well that would be easy enough to implement in 5e.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases