• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What would you like to see brought back from older editions?

The Little Raven

First Post
Mouseferatu said:
If you count fiction, not just RPG books, you're getting at least some of what you want. :)

After reading Heroes of Horror and checking out the specific parts that you wrote, I'd like to see what you could do with the Ravenloft line.

WyzardWhately

First Post
Tewligan said:
However, in addition to her paltry 66 hit points, I seem to recall that Miss Lolth ALSO was packing a -10 AC and some pretty hefty magic resistance. She was a helluva lot harder to hit than a frost giant!

Oh, I'm not saying Lolth was easy pickings. But compare her to what she looks like in 3.x.

Mourn said:
After reading Heroes of Horror and checking out the specific parts that you wrote, I'd like to see what you could do with the Ravenloft line.

I hope I don't disappoint. :)

(In the interim, if you want to check something out while waiting for the new novel releases, I did do a bit of RL work when White Wolf had the line. I've got a short story, and some related mechanics, in Dark Tales and Disturbing Legends. Leaving aside my own contribution--which of course I'm not exactly qualified to judge ;)--there's some really nifty stuff in there.)

The Little Raven

First Post
Mouseferatu said:
I hope I don't disappoint. :)

Well, I know your Ravenloft novel will kick some ass, as I thought Gehenna was perfectly executed.

(In the interim, if you want to check something out while waiting for the new novel releases, I did do a bit of RL work when White Wolf had the line. I've got a short story, and some related mechanics, in Dark Tales and Disturbing Legends. Leaving aside my own contribution--which of course I'm not exactly qualified to judge ;)--there's some really nifty stuff in there.)

I've got the book, but haven't gotten around to absorbing it yet.

Any word on whether you are doing any Ravenloft RPG stuff in the future, or is this perhaps something you're unable to comment on (whether due to NDA or simply not having anything Ravenloft RPG related on your plate)?

sckeener

First Post
Planescaoe
Dark Sun
Ravenloft (though I liked it for flavor as I added it to my other campaigns)
thief-acrobat
Illusionist
Named levels

and though I don't want it back, I miss the 1st edition of psionics (after the dragon mag version of the psionicist) especially the feel of it. I hated the 3rd ed version (though the 3.5 version was better).....I hate that the effects were noticeable. I liked the 1st ed feel of everything was mental/invisible.

The death master from dragon mag.

I loved the feel of the anti-paladin from dragon...not this 3rd ed blackguard...though I'd prefer just holy warriors and no paladins at all.

what I'd also like to see in the new Dragon is a famous author (game designer) write about a world that isn't one of the established settings. Kind of like Ed Greenwood's articles before FR was bought by tsr. I'd like to see spells, items, and ecologies for this new setting.

Mourn said:
Well, I know your Ravenloft novel will kick some ass, as I thought Gehenna was perfectly executed.

Thanks. :)

Any word on whether you are doing any Ravenloft RPG stuff in the future, or is this perhaps something you're unable to comment on (whether due to NDA or simply not having anything Ravenloft RPG related on your plate)?

My understanding is that there are currently no plans for Ravenloft RPG material, but that it will remain purely a fiction line this time around.

That said, since Chris Thomasson has said he plans to continue the "Campaign Classics" series of articles in Dragon online, I'm sure we'll see at least a little RL here and there. Might even propose some myself, as and when the ideas come to me.

GrayLinnorm

Explorer
XP per hit point. A creature with 40 hp is a lot tougher than one with 5 hp.

Although it might not be necessary if all monsters of one type have the exact same hp :( .

Remove ads