• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What would you like to see brought back from older editions?

Tewligan

First Post
WyzardWhately said:
You don't have to be super-high-level to do epic things. Lolth had less than 70 hit points. A party that could kill Lolth would still have to be careful around, say, a pack of giants. You never stopped having to think your way through.
However, in addition to her paltry 66 hit points, I seem to recall that Miss Lolth ALSO was packing a -10 AC and some pretty hefty magic resistance. She was a helluva lot harder to hit than a frost giant!

VirgilCaine

First Post
WyzardWhately said:
Well, that and the table in the DMG saying there were Wizards of around 20th level in every major city.

Ah, we've got a Tomb of Horrors Fallacy here!
"My DM did it this way, thus, this is the way [X] works!"

The DMG city NPC generation tables only allow for the possibility of "domestic" Wizards up to and no higher than 15th level in Metropolises.

heirodule

First Post
Mourn said:
The female body is designed to process a child, which my sister just demonstrated for the second time today. :)

Fine.

Give em +2 on for saves to resist conditions.

Make their "blooded" threshold at 50% instead of 25% of HP.

But give em a -2 STR.

All I'm sayin'

3E was smart enough to mess with the STR math for Medium Vs Small PCs,

Maybe we need Small, Woman Sized, and Man-sized. We can go to 3.3 foot squares, and the men take up 2 and the women and halflings take up 1.

Women can take the "big" feat, which lets them take up 2x2, just like the men.

<troll>If theres no inherent advantage to playing a male, most players will play both equally.</troll> And that doesn't reflect a world were male domination would arise naturally. If we have to explain why elves don't have all the wizards, we also have to explain why women aren't half of all mediaval tech army battalions

Last edited:

SpiderMonkey

Explorer
heirodule said:
Fine.

Give em +2 on for saves to resist conditions.

Make their "blooded" threshold at 50% instead of 25% of HP.

But give em a -2 STR.

All I'm sayin'

3E was smart enough to mess with the STR math for Medium Vs Small PCs,

Maybe we need Small, Woman Sized, and Man-sized. We can go to 3.3 foot squares, and the men take up 2 and the women and halflings take up 1.

Women can take the "big" feat, which lets them take up 2x2, just like the men.

Why should players who want to play warrior women be penalized? If I wanted strict reality, I'd play a different game. While the response could be: they don't have to play a STR-based fighter, I don't see the need to restrict options based on sex. Women have it bad enough in real life.

heirodule

First Post
SpiderMonkey said:
Why should players who want to play warrior women be penalized? If I wanted strict reality, I'd play a different game. While the response could be: they don't have to play a STR-based fighter, I don't see the need to restrict options based on sex. Women have it bad enough in real life.

Are they playing *women* if they play one with equal strength? Or are they playing their Chris Claremont/Lara Croft/Red Sonja/Wonder Woman fantasy of a woman.

SpiderMonkey

Explorer
heirodule said:
Are they playing *women* if they play one with equal strength? Or are they playing their Chris Claremont/Lara Croft/Red Sonja/Wonder Woman fantasy of a woman.

Are we playing *men*, or are we playing our D&D high-level character who can fall 400' into a volcano and swim to the ledge to climb out of said volcano fantasy of a man? What are you asking here?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads