• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What would you like to see brought back from older editions?

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Funnily enough, we never used to give xp for finding gold, nor did we require gold to be spent on training in order to attain a level.

What I DID do was allow people to spend gold on training in order to gain xp. There was one caveat... you couldn't gain more than 100xp per week of training.

This had the dual benefit of removing money from the campaign and allowing time to pass in the campaign productively.

Gloombunny

First Post
heirodule said:
Few will picture their female PCs with teh proper muscle mass. We'll get descriptions of Red Sonja type hotness instead of female bodybuilder freaky.
That's hardly a reason to put in a rule preventing high female strength altogether.

Lurks-no-More

First Post
Gloombunny said:
That's hardly a reason to put in a rule preventing high female strength altogether.
It's also weird that it's always about a STR penalty or limit to women, yet nobody for it seems to want a similar CON penalty or limit for men (c'mon, women live longer in general and, IIRC, have higher pain tresholds).

darkseraphim

First Post
A focus on mortality and impermanence.

A real possibility of character death. Variable-power encounters that the players need to assess, to determine if they should run, outwit or fight. Magic items that can be destroyed, and not purchased in towns, that have to be won through adventuring. A real need for henchmen and men-at-arms, increasing the tactical aspects of the game and setting the relative power of the PCs in focus. A reigning in of character powers, so that the focus is on player teamwork and ingenuity, rather than mechanical abilities.

Reynard

Legend
Supporter
Mourn said:
The female body is designed to process a child, which my sister just demonstrated for the second time today. :)

The second time today!?! What, is she trying to get in Guiness?

;)

Tell her congrats from En World.

JDJblatherings

First Post
Lurks-no-More said:
It's also weird that it's always about a STR penalty or limit to women, yet nobody for it seems to want a similar CON penalty or limit for men (c'mon, women live longer in general and, IIRC, have higher pain tresholds).

That's baloney really. I've known darned few women that could really take a punch. Sure there are a couple that could really take multiple blows but they are the exception not the rule. This fighting /martial arts territory I'm speaking of not domestic abuse.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads