D&D 5E What would you want in a new 5E box set?

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Within the 5e Box Set, I would like to find another, smaller box set.

Within the smaller box set, I would find yet another, smaller box set.

It would be box sets, all the way down, like D&D Matryoshka Dolls.

What you lack in content you would make up for in quantity of new boxed sets.

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
Within the 5e Box Set, I would like to find another, smaller box set.

Within the smaller box set, I would find yet another, smaller box set.

It would be box sets, all the way down, like D&D Matryoshka Dolls.

What you lack in content you would make up for in quantity of new boxed sets.
Actually, at the very bottom is a museum-quality reproduction of the White Box that you need an electron microscope to read.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
If we're talking a boxed set to be sold at Target (and other department stores) that was to be another branded starter's set (a la Rick & Morty and Stranger Things)... the next most logical in my mind would be a Magic: The Gathering D&D starter's set. Because that is the best "D&D Adjacent" brand that could inspire gamers to give D&D a shot while walking down the board game aisle. M:tG players would see the game and then perhaps on an impulse purchase pick it up and hopefully try it. I'd imagine probably a Ravnica setting game and intro adventure, which would allow players who enjoyed the boxed set to move onto the hardcover. The fact that WotC also owns the branding makes it even easier.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Yes I agree existing collectors of minis want more minis (because that is how addiction works :) ).

We're talking a WOTC starter box set.

I just don't think now is the right time for that.

I don't think anyone was ever suggesting that RIGHT NOW would be a good time for any boxed set, far or less a miniature-based one.

If we're talking a boxed set to be sold at Target (and other department stores) that was to be another branded starter's set (a la Rick & Morty and Stranger Things)... the next most logical in my mind would be a Magic: The Gathering D&D starter's set.

If Target requests a follow-up, I think it would more likely be a second box set that complements the Essentials Kit. Expanded rules and character classes and an adventure that follows up on the ones from Essentials that will takes those 5th level or so characters on to 8th-10th level. It could even include the Artificer with the non-Eberron sub-classes and fluff.

Remove ads