• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What's Captain Kirk's dump stat?

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
jmucchiello said:
The o's in bottle and Con should be the same.

Absolutely.

The o also matches the a in father.

... you what?

So "bother" and "father" rhyme, in your crazy made-up language?

That's as weird as saying that "Aaron" and "Erin" sound alike.

To me, "Con" and "Khan" have wildly varying vowels.

-Hyp.

John Morrow

First Post
Nifft said:
Seriously: Wisdom and Intelligence.

He simply farmed those out to other characters (McCoy = Wisdom, Spock = Intelligence). As a good recently deceased friend of mine, who memorized the dialog to Star Trek II, pointed out, Spock spends the entire movie dropping hints to Kirk to trigger almost everything Kirk does. That's pretty much what made the dynamic between the three primary characters so interesting or, to put it in Wizard of Oz terms, Kirk = Courage, Spock = Brains, McCoy = Heart.

Three_Haligonians

First Post
TheAuldGrump said:
No, he mustn't. (Wow, I can't believe that passed the spelling checker... :p )

*Hands Merkuri a flounder.* Use this, Piratecat has a deflective herring aid.

The Auld Grump, just for the halibut.

Someone octopus your face in... :mad: :lol:

J from Three Haligonians

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Piratecat said:
Antipodean.

According to my answers to this quiz, if I were American my accent would be from the Northeast.

For reference - for questions 3 through 13, I picked the second option for every question except 8, which was the first option.

Hardly any of my answers were "those two words sound the same"; the vowels are quite distinct on all of them (except for the "which of these words does this one rhyme with", where it rhymed with one of them, and the about/loud question...).

-Hyp.

Last edited:

Hypersmurf said:
According to my answers to this quiz, if I were American my accent would be from the Northeast.
Cool. I'd love to see other non-American results.

My problem was question 8:
Moving on, what do you think about "Mary," "merry," and "marry"?
All 3 sound different
Mary and merry sound the same but marry is different from them
All 3 sound the same

My initial answer was Mary and marry sound the same but merry is different so I had to go with all 3 sound different since merry isn't even close to sounding like the others.

Remove ads