What's more important for a Magus, STR or INT?

Felon

First Post
The title says it all.

The character in question is a 3rd-level human built on 25 points.

I'm leaning towards STR as being more important, because I will probably be rolling to hit more often than anything I'll be doing that uses INT, such as tapping my arcane pool or casting spells with save DC's.

Dingo333

First Post
It kinda depends on the style you like with your magus

If you want one that pretty much only buffs with spells, STR is your choice

If you want someone who really uses those spells, INT is your choice.

Personally, I like elf for magus and using DEX with a rapier as the pool can load a large number of burst powers on the sword and you crit every 4 attacks with a keen rapier

(side note: At level 1-4 it is a toss up because INT gives you more arcane pool points with can be used to pump your weapon acting as if you had +1 more strength modifier for attack and damage, for level 5-20 I feel INT is more important due to the large bonus your pool can provide and its uses in DC for spells and number of spells per day[More INT gives another slot for Bull's Strength for you to use on yourself])

pawsplay

Hero
Int is almost certainly stronger at lower levels, but as you get higher up there, your pool will keep increasing and you will use less spells with DCs. At that point, Str, Dex, and Con would be more important.

Dervish Dance from Qadira; requires Weapon Finesse and two ranks in Perform (Dance).

Gives Dex to attack and damage when wielding a scimitar in one hand and nothing in the other, and allows you to treat the scimitar as a one-handed piercing weapon for class abilities that rely on such.

Walking Dad

First Post
Yes, this feat is almost to good for a Magus... maybe they should rule that the required 'free hand' cannot be used for other things. Devish Dance became almost instantly the default on the paizo boards as they started the playtest.

Felon

First Post
Dex isn't on the table. Str and Int is what I'm looking at.

Anyway, I think it is correct to hold Str up a little higher than Int.

joeandsteve

First Post
I am curious about this too. My initial instinct was to go STR and use buff spells, but if you are using your weapon as a touch-spell delivery device, I would lean toward making INT the priority for the DCs and using buff spells to boost your attack/damage.

Remove ads