What's Scarred Lands like?

Wicht

Hero
One thing I really, really like about the scarred lands is the fact that they explain well why druids and clerics are different. Druids serve the titans, clerics serve the Gods. It is such a simple yet effective explanation. Not to mention that it provides for great role-playing potential.

If I was not hooked on Kalamar, Scarred lands would be my campaign setting.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
*smirks* *offers some more SL crack to Wicht* Just remember, my nickname is the Master of Puppets. ;)

But I'm glad I could help out.

Sulimo

First Post
Druids of Scarred lands

Wicht said:
One thing I really, really like about the scarred lands is the fact that they explain well why druids and clerics are different. Druids serve the titans, clerics serve the Gods. It is such a simple yet effective explanation. Not to mention that it provides for great role-playing potential.

What I'm waiting to see is how they differntiate Druids of say Lethene from Druids of Mesos.

Will we see for instance a Druid variant for each of the Titans aside from Denev?

Eosin the Red

First Post
I wanna pipe up on this one.

Never had much use for SL's but being the fair guy I am, I decided to pick up something from those companies that I wrote off a year or so ago. I picked up Hallowfaust. Happy, happy, joy, joy!

While I will stick with my own (WoT, BR, or Homebrew) setting - this thing was packed to the gills with Fantastic and original ideas. When I have made my rounds among the other comapanies, I know that I will return to SSS products to pick up some of their other stuff.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Well here's an idea for you Sul, you could just change a few spells around, maybe toss in some "traditional" arcane spells at various levels...or just make Mesmo's druids sorcerers with a few healing spells and change summon monster to summon Nature's Ally.

Lethene, focus more on illusionary spells and wind based ones too.

That help?

Sulimo

First Post
Nightfall said:
Well here's an idea for you Sul, you could just change a few spells around, maybe toss in some "traditional" arcane spells at various levels...or just make Mesmo's druids sorcerers with a few healing spells and change summon monster to summon Nature's Ally.

Lethene, focus more on illusionary spells and wind based ones too.

That help?

Oh, I didnt mention Mesmo and Lethene for any particular reason. They were just 2 Titans that sprang to mind.

But I am interested to see how to vary the different Druids. Changing the focus of spells is the easiest way.

SSS-Druid

First Post
Re: Druids of Scarred lands

Sulimo said:
What I'm waiting to see is how they differntiate Druids of say Lethene from Druids of Mesos.

Will we see for instance a Druid variant for each of the Titans aside from Denev?

We got you covered -- we are explaining the answer to that little conundrum in the Scarred Lands Atlas: Ghelspad. I promise you won't be disappointed.

SSS-Druid

First Post
*ahem*

And, um. As an aside? There is no Mesmo.

There is Mesos, and then there is Mormo. I'm pretty sure I don't ever want to meet Mesmo, who sounds like the bastard child of the Sire of Sorcery and the Queen of Hags.

*shudders*

Remove ads