• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What's Scarred Lands like?

Wicht

Hero
One thing I really, really like about the scarred lands is the fact that they explain well why druids and clerics are different. Druids serve the titans, clerics serve the Gods. It is such a simple yet effective explanation. Not to mention that it provides for great role-playing potential.

If I was not hooked on Kalamar, Scarred lands would be my campaign setting.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
*smirks* *offers some more SL crack to Wicht* Just remember, my nickname is the Master of Puppets. ;)

But I'm glad I could help out.

Sulimo

First Post
Druids of Scarred lands

Wicht said:
One thing I really, really like about the scarred lands is the fact that they explain well why druids and clerics are different. Druids serve the titans, clerics serve the Gods. It is such a simple yet effective explanation. Not to mention that it provides for great role-playing potential.

What I'm waiting to see is how they differntiate Druids of say Lethene from Druids of Mesos.

Will we see for instance a Druid variant for each of the Titans aside from Denev?

Eosin the Red

First Post
I wanna pipe up on this one.

Never had much use for SL's but being the fair guy I am, I decided to pick up something from those companies that I wrote off a year or so ago. I picked up Hallowfaust. Happy, happy, joy, joy!

While I will stick with my own (WoT, BR, or Homebrew) setting - this thing was packed to the gills with Fantastic and original ideas. When I have made my rounds among the other comapanies, I know that I will return to SSS products to pick up some of their other stuff.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Well here's an idea for you Sul, you could just change a few spells around, maybe toss in some "traditional" arcane spells at various levels...or just make Mesmo's druids sorcerers with a few healing spells and change summon monster to summon Nature's Ally.

Lethene, focus more on illusionary spells and wind based ones too.

That help?

Sulimo

First Post
Nightfall said:
Well here's an idea for you Sul, you could just change a few spells around, maybe toss in some "traditional" arcane spells at various levels...or just make Mesmo's druids sorcerers with a few healing spells and change summon monster to summon Nature's Ally.

Lethene, focus more on illusionary spells and wind based ones too.

That help?

Oh, I didnt mention Mesmo and Lethene for any particular reason. They were just 2 Titans that sprang to mind.

But I am interested to see how to vary the different Druids. Changing the focus of spells is the easiest way.

SSS-Druid

First Post
Re: Druids of Scarred lands

Sulimo said:
What I'm waiting to see is how they differntiate Druids of say Lethene from Druids of Mesos.

Will we see for instance a Druid variant for each of the Titans aside from Denev?

We got you covered -- we are explaining the answer to that little conundrum in the Scarred Lands Atlas: Ghelspad. I promise you won't be disappointed.

SSS-Druid

First Post
*ahem*

And, um. As an aside? There is no Mesmo.

There is Mesos, and then there is Mormo. I'm pretty sure I don't ever want to meet Mesmo, who sounds like the bastard child of the Sire of Sorcery and the Queen of Hags.

*shudders*

Remove ads