What's the best way to print D&D Classic PDF's?

Halivar

First Post
I love having access to 1e and Next PDF's, but I hate digital devices at the table (and I hate reading from a screen in general). What is the best way to have a 300 page PDF printed and bound?

Last edited:

Stormonu

Legend
Use a printer at work? :blush:

Many copy places won't let you print out the PDF as it is a copyrighted work. If you do find a place that does, it's often cheaper to buy the product off of e-bay than pay for the cost of printing.

If you do print, consider doing it in black & white with *maybe* only the cover in color (and possibly of a thicker material). If you don't have a printer at home that can handle the job, I'd suggest some place like Staples, Kinkos or Office Depot - whoever is most convenient, cheapest and will agree to print. They can also do the collating and binding for you.

GreyLord

Legend
I love having access to 1e and Next PDF's, but I hate digital devices at the table (and I hate reading from a screen in general). What is the best way to have a 300 page PDF printed and bound?

If you decide to go print at Kinko's or another printer, make sure to save your digital receipt. I think most times you are allowed to print off what you've bought, so that should be something that you can provide I believe.

Printing them out at a printer and having them bound is my selection of choice.

The only other way that I do, is if I print it off myself, and then use a plastic folder (seems to better protect them overall from the elements if I'll be taking it outside on it's own) to house it in.

Quickleaf

Legend
If you decide to go print at Kinko's or another printer, make sure to save your digital receipt. I think most times you are allowed to print off what you've bought, so that should be something that you can provide I believe.

Printing them out at a printer and having them bound is my selection of choice.

The only other way that I do, is if I print it off myself, and then use a plastic folder (seems to better protect them overall from the elements if I'll be taking it outside on it's own) to house it in.

300 pages? I wonder if Lulu would print it if you show them the receipt? Or no because it's copyrighted? I mean, presumably purchases thru DnDClassics are meant to be printed, not just screen viewed...is adding a cover to that for durability suddenly violating the terms of a purchase thru DnDClassics?

I've printed dozens of PDFs through Lulu, set to private so only I can purchase them. But maybe that is not strictly legal or within their terms of service? I know that I can print it for private use so I don't think there is any difference doing it at home or a pro-printshop. It would certainly be legal in NZ law, it is just whether it violates Lulu's Terms of Service. I am not going to stop doing it until I get stopped, for sure!

Dice4Hire

First Post
This is exactly my big problem with companies offering only pdfs. Great money-saver for them, and makes the business model a lot better, but the options to print cheaply and well just are not there.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
It'd be cheaper to just buy yourself a color laser printer from like Staples for $175 to $250 and thus be able to print all your PDFs yourself...

Remove ads