Votes: 29 28.7%
  • 75/25 male identifying

Votes: 34 33.7%
  • 100% male identifying

Votes: 27 26.7%

• Poll closed .

Eis

Explorer
my two groups are 5 guys and 1 girl who plays when she can make it since she moved out of the immediate area

and the one I DM is 7 guys and 1 girl

fjw70

Adventurer
I am curious how the groups with significant female representation were formed. Was everyone friends prior to forming the group? Formed through random meetings at the game store? Relatives?

I haven’t played with a lot of women. Back in the 80s the only female I played with was a friend of mine’s mother. She was a great lady (and recently passed away).

Since I started playing again about 10years ago, I have only had three regular female players (at separate times) out of maybe 20 or so people I have played with. These groups were mostly formed through Meetup.com. My three sons all play but I cannot get my daughter (or wife) interested.

I've been gaming since late 70s and sadly only had 2 female gamers in that time. I dragged my wife in to add numbers with a couple of my sons (we have 4 boys, two weren't old enough at the time), not her ting and it didn't last long. Also had a short lived (DM quit) online game with a friend and her partner. But he's more into face to face and/or MtG, and she doesn't have the time anymore. So yeah 30 years of gaming, very male :(

Male player, bisexual male character.
Male player, straight male character.
Female player, straight male character, involved in a romance with a female recurring GM NPC.
Male player, gay male character.

Remove ads