• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What's the gender mix at your table?

What's the gender mix at your table

• 100% female identifying

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • 75/25 female identifying

Votes: 10 9.9%
  • 50/50

Votes: 29 28.7%
  • 75/25 male identifying

Votes: 34 33.7%
  • 100% male identifying

Votes: 27 26.7%

• Poll closed .

Eis

Explorer
my two groups are 5 guys and 1 girl who plays when she can make it since she moved out of the immediate area

and the one I DM is 7 guys and 1 girl

fjw70

Adventurer
I am curious how the groups with significant female representation were formed. Was everyone friends prior to forming the group? Formed through random meetings at the game store? Relatives?

I haven’t played with a lot of women. Back in the 80s the only female I played with was a friend of mine’s mother. She was a great lady (and recently passed away).

Since I started playing again about 10years ago, I have only had three regular female players (at separate times) out of maybe 20 or so people I have played with. These groups were mostly formed through Meetup.com. My three sons all play but I cannot get my daughter (or wife) interested.

I've been gaming since late 70s and sadly only had 2 female gamers in that time. I dragged my wife in to add numbers with a couple of my sons (we have 4 boys, two weren't old enough at the time), not her ting and it didn't last long. Also had a short lived (DM quit) online game with a friend and her partner. But he's more into face to face and/or MtG, and she doesn't have the time anymore. So yeah 30 years of gaming, very male :(

Male player, bisexual male character.
Male player, straight male character.
Female player, straight male character, involved in a romance with a female recurring GM NPC.
Male player, gay male character.

Remove ads