• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What's the WORST Star Wars movie?

What's the WORST Star Wars movie? (vote for up to 3)

• Ep I: The Phantom Menace

Votes: 52 33.1%
  • Ep 2: Attack of the Clones

Votes: 50 31.8%
  • Ep 3: Revenge of the Sith

Votes: 14 8.9%
  • Ep 4: A New Hope

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Ep 5: The Empire Strikes Back

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Ep 6: Return of the Jedi

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Ep 7: The Force Awakens

Votes: 19 12.1%
  • Ep 8: The Last Jedi

Votes: 56 35.7%
  • Ep 9: The Rise of Skywalker

Votes: 95 60.5%
  • Rogue One

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • Solo

Votes: 16 10.2%

Jahydin

Hero
The one movie that Lucas went "Nope, that one doesn't exist". I have seen parts of it. Haven't seen the stand-alone ewok-based movies but I have heard they were utter crap as well.
Same here. Hard for me to imagine it being that bad with the OG cast and all.

Oh shoot, it's on YouTube! I'll have to give it a watch!

ThorinTeague

Creative/Father/Professor
Same here. Hard for me to imagine it being that bad with the OG cast and all.

Oh shoot, it's on YouTube! I'll have to give it a watch!
Oh, I didn't know we were talking about those. The prequils, and anything else on the above list, are masterpieces next to those. Let's throw in the Christmas Special too while we're at it.

Which film is better, the Star Wars Christmas Special, or Birdemic Shock & Terror? Now THAT'S a poll!

gban007

Adventurer
For me, the original trilogy will always be my favourite, possibly nostalgia driving it, and even with what I see as missteps in RoTJ, the first part on Tatooine is great for me with Luke having really grown / come in to his own.

The prequels I still enjoy mainly thanks to Obi Wan and Dooku, which allow me to get through them (sadly I haven't yet had a chance to watch the new Obi Wan series).

Rogue One had the feel of the original trilogy for me, and I quite enjoyed it.

TFA was okay for me - I liked the introduction of the new characters here, and even if it shared a lot of beats with ANH, it felt like it opened up some good opportunities for the future, so while quite derivative as such, left me optimistic.

So then we get to the 3 I voted for as the worst.

Solo was just eminently forgettable for me, just nothing to really recommend it, except perhaps for Lando.

The Last Jedi - two big areas of problem for me here, one was it's treatment of Luke - Luke has always been my favourite character, and I didn't like what they did with him here up until the last fight at least, but I acknowledge that that is just a personal reaction, and not necessarily an indication of a bad movie, just not to my tastes. The other area is where it did feel like a bad movie - the beginning bit with the prank call was over the top for the feel of the movies to date, the whole situation that develops because of the top brass not wanting to communicate but at the same time giving enough freedom to the people they are withholding information from to allow them to take actions that work against their master plan, the whole side plot that happens on that planet as a result, and the dubious nearness of the Admiral sacrificing herself and it being portrayed as a great heroic action and then the lecture to Finn about not sacrificing himself (after potentially killing herself to stop him sacrificing himself).

And then Rise of Skywalker - from Palpatine suddenly returning (and this being announced in Fortnight) and it trying to undo TLJ for the most part, it just turns into an incoherent mess, including some weird travel times to allow the heroes to win and characters like Rose introduced in the prior movie pushed into the background to seeming service fan hate. Also a couple of bits trying to fix the original trilogy, with mixed results - I think good to emphasise consent, but the whole Chewbacca medal thing seemed to address a point of concern that wasn't really there, with expanded material showing that Chewbacca got a medal, but didn't want to make an awkward scene at the ceremony due to the height differences.

Haplo781

Legend
I loved the original 3, and The Phantom Menace was so bad that it killed the franchise for me and my family. There may be better and worse stuff released since then, but I have ZERO interest in it.
The TV has been mostly great. Other than Resistance which I bounced off pretty fast, the worst of it has just been "pretty good."

The Lucas remakes of the original trilogy were the worst in my opinion. Terrible, pointless cash grabs that destroyed the franchise before the prequels were even made.

That said, Revenge of the Sith is my least favourite of all the movies so I picked it in the poll.

Remove ads