• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What's the WORST Star Wars movie?

What's the WORST Star Wars movie? (vote for up to 3)

• Ep I: The Phantom Menace

Votes: 52 33.1%
  • Ep 2: Attack of the Clones

Votes: 50 31.8%
  • Ep 3: Revenge of the Sith

Votes: 14 8.9%
  • Ep 4: A New Hope

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Ep 5: The Empire Strikes Back

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Ep 6: Return of the Jedi

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Ep 7: The Force Awakens

Votes: 19 12.1%
  • Ep 8: The Last Jedi

Votes: 56 35.7%
  • Ep 9: The Rise of Skywalker

Votes: 95 60.5%
  • Rogue One

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • Solo

Votes: 16 10.2%

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I likely would have said "Revenge of the Sith", if I could have ever brought myself to watch it. I called it quits on the prequel trilogy at "Attack of the Clones."
Revenge of the Sith is significantly.better than AotC, but I cannot in good conscience recommend it.

Longspeak

Adventurer
The prequels. If I'd had a 4th vote, Rise of Skywalker. But I at least didn't shake me head and throw stuff at the screen for that one.

TheHand

Adventurer
While I think objectively, Rise of Skywalker is a worse movie, I actually voted for The Last Jedi. To me it marks where Disney Star Wars went off the rails and the fandom was torn asunder in a way we hadn't seen since the prequels hit. I don't think TFA is a great movie by any stretch, but it felt like a safe palate cleanser by Disney, a nostalgic love letter from Abrams and a way for audiences to ease into a new era. There was a lot of fun and speculation coming out of TFA and hope where the story would be going.

Then TLJ hits. I don't think I'd ever walked out of a theater more baffled by what I saw. The story-line didn't seem to flow, the characters didn't seem to mesh with what we've seen previously, they killed off the villain for shock value, and the plot seemed to be all about a director trying to be overly clever. Now it was suddenly apparent that Disney had no plan from the get-go. The kid in me who grew up watching Luke Skywalker and wanting to finally see him in a Master role was utterly devastated by what they did. When I later re-watched Last Jedi it made me feel viscerally angry. Not all of the Star Wars movies are good, but this is the only one that makes me feel the power of the Dark Side. I can't even enjoy the Force Awakens any more.

I didn't even both seeing Rise of Skywalker in the theater. By the time I finally watched it, it struck me as just a soulless, visual spectacle going through the motions, with producers throwing everything they could think of at the camera except a satisfying story.

So my order all in all, best to worst:

Original Trilogy
Rogue 1
Revenge of the Sith
The Other Prequels + Solo
The Disney "Sequel" Trilogy

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads