• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What's your favorite RPG that you've never actually played?

Bullgrit

Adventurer
What is your favorite RPG that you've never actually played?

Maybe you've been told about it. Maybe you've read the rule book. Maybe you got around to creating a character. But you've not actually *played* the game.

Bullgrit

juboke

Explorer
In 1990 - 1991 I picked up a game called "Battlelords of the 23rd Century". I have a rulebook, a module and a supplement which I read once made a character but never played.

Verdande

First Post
Probably ZeFRS, although I might be able to swing it so that's no longer true.

ZeFRS is such an elegant game system it makes me jealous. Why couldn't I have come up with something that simple and that powerful?

Boregar

First Post
Godlike. - I'm reading through the rulebook, and loving the idea and the background, but its not something that I think my gaming group would enjoy.

And I'm not sure if it really counts as a separate game but I adore Delta Green for CoC, but I've never played it.

Last edited:

Dragon Warriors, I remember thinking it could replace DnD as my fantasy game of choice. Unfortunately nobody else was interested.

I also looked over Wild Talents which, on face value, feels like it could top my list as well.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Hm, that's a tough one. The Boston Gamedays have given me an outlet to run one-shots and play in a bunch of systems I wanted to try....

So, let's see:

The original Space 1889. The Savage World version I've heard coming out might be just as good. I'm not married to the ruleset.

There's several WoD games I've not had the chance to work with but could be a lot of fun.

A

amerigoV

Dragon Age. It looks like a fun little system - sort of 2e with the common house rules (mana points) that might actually work!

This is not me, but I constantly hear people talk about Traveller, but no one seems to play it (just roll up a character).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads