What's your favorite super hero RPG?

Templetroll

Explorer
Killer Shrike said:

I have--once. I made a cyborg that was tough enough to survive the most powerful grenade explosion in the game, got a supply of the grenades, and would simply pull the pin on the grenade while holding it in my hand whenever someone annoyed me. Id survive, they typically didnt. I also had an extra-dim pocket full of cigars as a quirk, which I would light up after surviving a grenade.

Pretty silly game, but kind of fun....

I had a villian like that. He slapped plastic explosive onto the heroes and then stood there and smiled at them as the timer ticked down. The PCs really hated that guy.

My preference is DCHEroes, followed by Champions. I prefered the flexibility of both and our group's primary supers DM thought munchkin had a comic book feel - so long as there was serious roleplay along witht he ridiculous numbers.

No one has mentioned SuperBabes... :) The Bimbo points and the FemmeForce universe were actually entertaining in a very non-politically correct way. :)

On a historical note - I have a copy of Superhero 2044, published in the very early 80s, I think, which had a couple stats and a '25 point superpower'. It is so charming to see that all the powers were to be described by the play within a 25 point framework. It gave real focus to character design!

Black Omega

First Post
Templetroll said:
No one has mentioned SuperBabes... :) The Bimbo points and the FemmeForce universe were actually entertaining in a very non-politically correct way. :)
Just when you think at long last you've erased something from your mind, someone always had to bring it back up again and remind you.;)

Not all bad, light hearted and very non-PC. Classic good-girl art, which means there are still serious superheroines todaywearing less.

Remove ads