• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E What's your favorite two item combo?

Xeviat

Hero
Using just two pieces (spell, feat, normal feature), what are your favorite combos?

I was thinking of mixing Shield Master's bonus action push with Booming Blade, then I went and read Shield Master and it requires the attack action. Now I'm wondering if you could push with the bonus attack from the EK's War Magic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S

Sunseeker

Usually a burger and fries.

Actually I'm happy that there are very few combos in this edition.

DeathMutant

First Post
I've got a (Tiefling) Fighter 2 / Warlock 5 (Fiend) that loves these single-turn combos:

Against multiple targets: Fireball + Action Surge + Fireball
For a total of: 2 x 8d6 or 16d6 damage to multiple targets

Against a single target: (Transfer, already cast) Hex + Scorching Ray (4 beams; 3rd level slot) + Action Surge + Scorching Ray
For a potential total of: 8 x (2d6 + 1d6) or 24d6 damage!

Not bad for a 7th level character. Just need a Short Rest to fully recharge too.

CapnZapp

Legend
In a way it's a shame the designers didn't include at least a couple specific combos.

Grease + Burning Hands would be great fun!

Xeviat

Hero
Usually a burger and fries.

Actually I'm happy that there are very few combos in this edition.

Hah!

It's nice that there aren't too many obvious broken combos, but seeing two things that work well together makes character building fun. Just like finding two cards that work well together makes deck building fun.

Fighter and casters can make for some scary booms with Action surge.

If I've got the time, I usually just cast Armor of Agathys and Mirror Image prior to combat and call it good. At that point my single-class Mage-Armored BladeLock can wade into melee without dying, and anyone who manages to hit him will regret it.

3y3g00

First Post
GOO Warlock:

Thoughtshield + Contact Other Plane

There is an int save which is difficult for Warlocks to make, so I wondered why it's on the list. My thinking is it's just there to allow you to annoy demi-gods during downtime.

Giant2005

First Post
A high level Armor of Agathys + Rage is always fun. If I wasn't restricted to just two components I'd also mention Reckless Attack in there - it makes enemies really want to attack you, while also really not wanting to attack you. Indecisiveness is fun.

Remove ads