• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What's Your Top 3 Most Favorite Movies?

Herschel

Adventurer
Hard to narrow down, I can probably get it to 5.....maybe....and the order is fluid. Of the mainstream stuff:

1. Love Actually - Bill Nighy alone is so awesome and Liam Neeson and Laura Linney are generally artists I look for. Plus good ensemble pieces are tremendous.

2. Still Crazy - Another with Bill Nighy and a good ensemble piece.

3. Finding Neverland - Rips your heart out and makes you happy it did.

4. Highlander - There should have been only one.

5. The 13th Warrior/King Arthur - perfect gaming mood movies.

6. Star Wars - Because it is.

7. Braveheart - FREEE-DOOOM from historical accuracy aside.

Moogleproof

First Post
No order, and top 3 is a bit challenging, there's probably about 20 movies I consider being equally best, but I'll go with

The Seven Samurai

12 Angry Men

...aaaand I'm already split between Blues Brothers and Gran Torino. I'll just leave it there...

Abraxas

Explorer
More or less

The Thing
Dodgeball
The Big Blue

with the following swapping in an out for the top 3 depending on my mood

L.A. Story
Buckaroo Banzai
Vanishing Point
Mother, Juggs and Speed*

*M, J & S is a comedy about competing ambulance services with Bill Cosby (Mother), Raquel Welch (Juggs) and Harvey Keitel (Speed) + Larry Hagman and Bruce Davison - Nothing Eric's Grandma would be offended by...

Last edited:

GSHamster

Adventurer
The Apartment
Blade Runner

Not really sure what I would put as my third. Maybe Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, the Matrix, or the Princess Bride.

Ahzad

Explorer
What a hard list to come up with just 3 but I guess if I was going to be restricted to just 3 I would have to go with:

Blade Runner my super duper briefcase version
LotR extended of course
Enter the Dragon b/c Bruce Lee is the man!

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Tied For First: Good, Bad, and the Ugly && The Blues Brothers
Tied for Third: Dark City, Road Warrior, Dark Knight, Gran Torino or Pirates of the Caribbean 2.5 (Take the 2nd and 3rd movie, then edit out the characterization destroying plot elements and the filler scenes).

IronWolf

blank
This is tough to come up with only three. I suspect my list is fairly fluid, but here is an attempt.

1) Matrix (I pretend it is standalone and the only one released)
2) Fight Club
3) Aliens

Of course that leaves out the entirE Star Wars trilogy, the initial Indiana Jones movies and Lord of the Rings trilogy for starters...... Oh and Office Space!

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads