• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Most Rewatchable MCU Movies

MarkB

Legend
Thor: Ragnarok, Captain America: The Winter Solider, and The Avengers are the ones I can go back to time and again when I want a good, entertaining movie. Beyond that, Iron Man and the first two Guardians of the Galaxy movies are always fun.

Infinity War / Endgame and GotG 3 are very good, but they all pack a sufficient emotional punch that they don't make my "put on something fun to watch" list.

Clint_L

Legend
I sometimes watch the beginning of the final battle scene from End Game when I need a pick me up. That or the charge of the Rohirrim from Return of the King. Or Ripley confronting the Alien queen.

I'm a man of simple pleasures.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
If you want the majority of my list, go reread what @Clint_L wrote - he not only hit them but said why. He did mention Civil War was close, and for me that does edge out Shang Chi which still liked it a lot.

But I've got one glaring difference from several on this thread - Thor: Ragnarok just doesn't do it for me. It's third best of the four Thor films for me, only beating Thor: The Dark World. Yes, for me Love and Thunder beats Ragnarok, and not by a little bit. This isn't a testament to Love and Thunder being great - it's low-mid level MCU at best. Just Ragnarok didn't work for me. Enough that it got beaten by screaming goats. (And Christian Bale, and some kick-rear Asgardian kids, to balance it back.)

So what to replace it with? The original Thor, like the original Iron Man, has charm. But I'm a sucker for a good villain, who do we have that hasn't been covered? We have Vulture and Killmonger,Loki and with my Civil War sub in Baron Zemo. Wenwu is almost enough to bring back Shang Chi, but can't overcome the big CGI set-piece battle they felt they needed at the end. I'm branding myself because no one else mentioned him, but I did quite enjoy James Spader's rendition of Ultron. We get some great team fight scenes, pathos with Quicksilver, Clint's (Hawkeye, not Clint_L) "None of this makes sense, but do it anyway" speech to Wanda, it sets up both Wanda and Vision moving forward in the MCU. So I think that's the last on my list.

And now I'm considering a rewatch of Shang Chi. Or Love and Thunder. Or Across the Spiderverse. Oh, how'd that get in there? Just popping up all over.

Greg K

Legend
If you want the majority of my list, go reread what @Clint_L wrote - he not only hit them but said why. He did mention Civil War was close, and for me that does edge out Shang Chi which still liked it a lot.

But I've got one glaring difference from several on this thread - Thor: Ragnarok just doesn't do it for me.
I am with you. Thor: Ragnarok did not do it for me either. The only Thor movie that did was the first movie. I don't have it on my list of MCU movies to buy, but probably should.

Clint_L

Legend
What are your least rewatchable MCU films?

For me, Eternals "wins" that battle, hands down. Speaking of which, subsequent films don't seem super keen to remind us that there's now a hand the size of Madasgar sticking out of the Indian Ocean, and the earth turns out to be a giant cocoon for an alien corpse!" You'd think that would be a bigger deal. There is not a single character from the film that I care to see again.

Runner-up is Ant Man 3, then Guardians 3, Dr. Strange & Scarlet Witch, The Marvels...it's been a rough few years for the MCU.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
What are your least rewatchable MCU films?

For me, Eternals "wins" that battle, hands down. Speaking of which, subsequent films don't seem super keen to remind us that there's now a hand the size of Madasgar sticking out of the Indian Ocean, and the earth turns out to be a giant cocoon for an alien corpse!" You'd think that would be a bigger deal. There is not a single character from the film that I care to see again.

Runner-up is Ant Man 3, then Guardians 3, Dr. Strange & Scarlet Witch, The Marvels...it's been a rough few years for the MCU.

Thor the Dork World is the only MCU movie I couldnt watch through the first round so its still the bottom for me
Below Eternals - which I did manage to watch

and the giant hand has been referenced in She Hulk - also its so big that as far as most people would know it was an eruption leading to the emergence of a new island - only a viewer from space would see a hand (new Google map conspiracy)

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
For Do Not Wish to Rewatch?
From definitely not to maybe I'll give it a try.

Thor: Dark World is at the top of my list. Without a doubt.
Eternals. I liked some of the characters. The movie as a whole, meh.
Ed Norton's The Incredible Hulk. Listed as an MCU movie. I don't even remember if it bad, but I know it's not stellar and I really like Mark Ruffalo as Hulk.
Black Widow. I like the passing of the torch. I hate the villain. And they wasted so much potential with Taskmaster.
Black Panther: Wakanda Forever. I loved, loved, loved the first one. This is okay but let me down.
Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania. Enough said.

Clint_L

Legend
Thor the Dork World is the only MCU movie I couldnt watch through the first round so its still the bottom for me
Below Eternals - which I did manage to watch
I liked TtDW. It's fine popcorn entertainment. Lower tier MCU but still basically fun. Its RT ranking is pretty accurate.
and the giant hand has been referenced in She Hulk - also its so big that as far as most people would know it was an eruption leading to the emergence of a new island - only a viewer from space would see a hand (new Google map conspiracy)
Not sure if serious.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads