Wheel of Time Full Trailer is out *No Spoilers Please*

Rune

Once A Fool
The biggest twist of the first novel is spoiled in the pull quote if you Google "Rand al'Thor." Which I bet a few people who haven't read the books are likely to do before they finish the first half of this shoe. It's a different world than in 1990.
Huh. I don’t even remember that there was a twist in the first novel.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Huh. I don’t even remember that there was a twist in the first novel.
I mean, it's not too hard to see coming, but it sure as heck surprises Rand. And like much of the Wheel of Time, it's about the journey of discovery inside the characters shoes more than the destination.

Only thing that really stood out to me much as a fan is that they seemed to highlight Egwene more than Ran (who I thought was supposed to be the main character!) and that the Myrdraal seemed like a very good depiction (creepy mouth!)
What seems to be going on there, and with the focus of Moraine as the lead, is that they are trying to maintain the mystery, for those who haven't read the books, of exactly which of the Emonds Field characters is actually going to be the main character (and the baggage that comes with it)...

By the way, the YouTube comment section is sprinkled with unintentionally hilarious (and awful) remarks by obvious trolls and bots stating that they've "read the books" and then go on to complain about things they assume are changes made by the production but are, actually, features of the books themselves.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Hiya!

News Flash: Unreal is STILL a high end engine...actually, I'd probably put it at THE high end engine.
Unreal Engine 5 is the latest incarnation:
And if you want a little more "techical" info:
^_^

Paul L. Ming
Beautiful now I want a new Wheel of Time game :p

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I couldn't get past the first book, but I will absolutely give this a try. Here's hoping the main characters aren't a bunch of whiners and the female characters are better written.

MGibster

Legend
I’m just at a loss as to what in the trailer is “generic”. I mean...the characters are human and there is magic? That's....about it.
I think just about every fantasy trailer I've seen has looked "generic." I can't fault WoT for that.
My most vivid memory is that there were a stretch of three books where nothing really happened. In one of them, literally nothing happened until the last few pages.
In one of the books Elayne took a bath. That's all I can remember about it. But I'm hoping things go a lot quicker in the streaming series than they do in the books.
Beautiful now I want a new Wheel of Time game :p
::Remembering the d20 version:: Be careful what you wish for!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases