Wheel of Time Full Trailer is out *No Spoilers Please*

TheSword

Legend
And I avoid discussing media in those places because I don't believe that people should avoid discussing media in public spaces becuase our culture has developed novelty fetish that leads people to getting legitimately angry at others because they mentioned a plot development from a book published years ago.
Spoiler tags exist for a reason. If people want to have in depth plot discussion with spoilers then they should have spoilerpalooza thread.

I didn’t say I was angry. I said I lost my sense of humor over it. But Garthanos has tagged it and moved on. It was nothing personal.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
What is the breakdown of POV in the first book? I don't remember much, though I don't think Nynaeve gets a POV until like book 4 or something.

1. Rand al'Thor - 79.5%
2. Perrin Aybara - 12.5%
3. Nyneave al'Meara - 3.7%
4. Egwene al'Vere - 3.2%

And then Morraine and Lews Therin Telemon each get a chapter that rounds out the percentage.

I found a quote from the showrunner that says they are writing this first season with the whole series in mind, so they are definitely making sure to not make it the Rand show.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Thanks.

Ah, I had presumed something like that happened. I guess only reading the first 3 books gave me a skewered perspective as I very much remember him being the main character.
I suspect that they don't want to give up certain developments in the early trailers. They'll be memes soon enough, I wager.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
And I avoid discussing media in those places because I don't believe that people should avoid discussing media in public spaces becuase our culture has developed novelty fetish that leads people to getting legitimately angry at others because they mentioned a plot development from a book published years ago.
Hell I analyse shows in the middle of them happening LOL Let alone books that are 2 decades old

That said I have a reflex humor response to "Spoilers" based on this character

1630628045714.png

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Spoiler tags exist for a reason. If people want to have in depth plot discussion with spoilers then they should have spoilerpalooza thread.
Yeah, you're never going to convince me to not talk about how Boromir dies in Fellowship or Ned Stark dies at the end of A Game of Thrones or any other time Sean Bean is definitely going to die on screen, just because some folks expect others to facilitate their desire to encounter a story every story they ever encounter as if it had never been told before.
I didn’t say I was angry. I said I lost my sense of humor over it. But Garthanos has tagged it and moved on. It was nothing personal.
I didn't say you were either. I replied rather directly to your comment that in other spaces a person would be "crucified" for what Garth said. Such a response would be absolutely bug nuts bonkersville out of line.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Hell I analyse shows in the middle of them happening LOL Let alone books that are 2 decades old

That said I have a reflex humor response to "Spoilers" based on this character

View attachment 143210
Yeah and like, people walking about of the theater to announce to the people waiting to go in that Han gets ganked by Kylo Ren who is Ben Solo, are dumb jerks that deserve to be punched.

Talking about it now, years later, is not in any way a bad thing, on any level. Full stop.

Rune

Once A Fool
Yeah and like, people walking about of the theater to announce to the people waiting to go in that Han gets ganked by Kylo Ren who is Ben Solo, are dumb jerks that deserve to be punched.

Talking about it now, years later, is not in any way a bad thing, on any level. Full stop.
I don’t see how the first example is fundamentally different than the second. People get introduced to things at different times. Some of them weren’t even alive when they were new.

They don’t deserve to experience the same wonder their predecessors did?

MarkB

Legend

Not even in a thread specifically aimed at people who haven't seen it but might be contemplating doing so?

Remove ads