D&D General When Was Your Last D&D Gaming Session?

When was your most recent D&D gaming session?

• Less than a week ago.

Votes: 45 45.5%
  • 1 week ago.

Votes: 15 15.2%
  • 2-3 weeks ago.

Votes: 16 16.2%
  • 1 month ago.

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • 2-3 months ago.

• 4-6 months ago.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6-12 months ago.

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • It's been more than a year.

Votes: 8 8.1%
  • It's been more than 5 years.

• It's been so long I can't remember.

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • I've never actually played D&D.

Votes: 1 1.0%

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
When was the last time you and your friends gathered around a table (or met online) to play a real, honest-to-goodness game of D&D? Inquiring video game avatars wanna know! Vote for the closest answer.

This poll is only for the Dungeons & Dragons game, any edition...no Pathfinder, OSR, Savage Worlds, etc. at this time. The poll options should be pretty straightforward, but if you need to clarify your vote just drop a comment below.

Last edited:

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Last Thursday. The next session is this Friday. We do 3 Thursdays and 1 Friday a month. If there's an extra game in a month due to how the days fall, it will be on Thursday.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Not part of the poll, but in case anyone is interested:
  • My group is 5 players and the DM
  • We take turns being the DM.
  • We play virtually, on Roll20, every Friday.
  • 5th Edition rules, Eberron campaign setting
  • I'm currently playing a 14th level Abjurer (Human, Mark of Making)
  • The session lasted 6 hours, which is typical for our group.
  • We've been playing together regularly for about 11 years, starting with 3.5E.
  • This is one of three gaming groups that I'm a part of.

Last edited:

TwiceBorn2

Adventurer
I voted 2-3 months ago (it was the first week of July). Had a session scheduled a few weeks ago, but it got cancelled due to limited availability of players. Next one is set for September 15, and hopefully we can maintain a roughly bi-weekly schedule going forward.

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
Well, it should have been last night so less than a week ago, but because of the holiday three players couldn't make it, so we watched the movie Dragonslayer and some of the D&D cartoons, just hanging out.

Does that count as a session??? :unsure:

EDIT: Actually, that was for my Monday-night group. On Saturday we had session 0 for a new d20 SW game. Not D&D, but since it is d20 I'll count it as half, and combined with my group meeting last night, as a "whole session". :D

So, less than one week ago... ;)

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Well, it should have been last night so less than a week ago, but because of the holiday three players couldn't make it, so we watched the movie Dragonslayer and some of the D&D cartoons, just hanging out.

Does that count as a session??? :unsure:

EDIT: Actually, that was for my Monday-night group. On Saturday we had session 0 for a new d20 SW game. Not D&D, but since it is d20 I'll count it as half, and combined with my group meeting last night, as a "whole session". :D

So, less than one week ago... ;)
It's okay to vote for one of the other options, ya know. Nobody is gonna judge you for not playing D&D every single week. :)

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
  • August 20th. Before that, August 13th.
  • I have two groups. Both 5e. One is in-person (four players), the other remote using Zoom (3 players - anyone want to join?).
  • I am basically always the DM (though one player in the latter group is starting up an OSR DCC game I will be playing in and a player in the former game who was new to D&D is trying his hand at DMing for the first time with one-shot soon)
  • Both groups are playing in my adapted version of Ghosts of Saltmarsh, with the latter group about a year and a half behind the former.
  • Sessions are five hours long for the in-person group (2 pm to 7 pm) and three hours long for the remote group.
  • The in-person group is made up of all new players to me (2 are new to D&D, 2 last played in the 2E era). We've played together since January 2020. The remote group is made up of players I have played on and off with since 1993, 1997, and 2000 respectively.

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
While technically I ran a single-player session on the weekend (thus my vote of "less than a week") it's been 2.5 years since running in person with a full crew.

Remove ads