• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Where are all the 4E resources?

Kwalish Kid

Explorer
I used to be a defender of WotC, but they have gotten ridiculous. Their new website has to be one of the worst designed ones I've seen in a while.

Can anyone tell me where the old 4E tools are?

I used to be a defender of WotC, but they have gotten ridiculous. Their new website has to be website has always been one of the worst designed ones I've seen in a while ever seen.

FTFW :p

sigh, OK, the mystery of getting a strikeout in this editor beat me, lol.

edit: Ahhh, now all is right with the world.Thx D'Karr....

Last edited:

D'karr

Adventurer
FTFW :p

sigh, OK, the mystery of getting a strikeout in this editor beat me, lol.

Wrap the strikeout text in "s" as seen below.

HTML:
[s]strikeout[/s]

And I totally agree with the sentiment of WotC having one of the worst information delivery websites ever seen.

Scrivener of Doom

Adventurer
To be fair to WotC, their new website design is even worse than their old website design.

Um, I am sure that's not supposed to be how website design works....

The problem with WotC's site is it is just way too busy. This comes from making it too flat. Some consultant someplace told them "Nobody will make more than 3 clicks, ever!" and they interpreted that to mean "cram everything onto the home page or the category page even if it looks ugly, can't be seen, and doesn't make sense." They need to reduce clutter and increase the depth of the site by about 1 step overall I think. Jeeze this brings back memories of trying to explain web presence to larger companies, urgh! Most of them will get it, probably around 2050 when the web no longer exists....

Kwalish Kid

Explorer
Additionally, their search function is next to useless. Now that they have hidden all the previous content, there is no simple list of articles, either.

I can understand the need to "shelter" new players from previous versions to avoid confusion, but at some point the obfuscation is ridiculous.

Additionally, their search function is next to useless. Now that they have hidden all the previous content, there is no simple list of articles, either.

I can understand the need to "shelter" new players from previous versions to avoid confusion, but at some point the obfuscation is ridiculous.

It was hard enough to find D&D stuff from the start. The amusing thing is, if you don't get to wizards.com on your own, you will never ever find anything at all. dnd.com is for sale, lol. Honestly I think OVERALL the current iterations of wizards.com is 1000% better than it was a couple years ago. Hadn't actually looked at the home page in a long while. Eh, they have a web site producer opening at WotC, maybe I should apply! hehe.

Kwalish Kid

Explorer
It reminds me of the xkcd comic about home pages for universities.

http://xkcd.com/773/

(The university I was at changed their webpage within a week of that cartoon to include a bunch of the stuff people want, so good for them.)

There needs to be a similar re-design for the WOTC D&D page. All it seems to do now is look flashy, it doesn't really deliver content.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads