Where (In what) do you store your dice?

Where (in what) do you store your dice?

• Bag (Cloth .... Leather)

Votes: 130 74.3%
  • Plastic Container (Rubbermaid / Tupperware)

Votes: 34 19.4%
  • Wooden Chest (Jewelry box etc)

Votes: 16 9.1%
  • Glass Container (Jar... Brandy Snifter etc)

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • Metal Container (Can ... Metal tin etc)

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Cardboard Box

Votes: 9 5.1%
  • Briefcase

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Backpack

Votes: 10 5.7%
  • Footlocker

Votes: 1 0.6%

John Q. Mayhem

Explorer
I have a nifty little cauldron I found at my thrift store. I keep dice, erasers, pens, and the beads I used for character positions until a short while ago.

Buttercup

Princess of Florin
Several different bags. I have a beautiful midnight blue suede bag with a moon and stars embroidered on it from The Gamer's Bag. That's my DMing dice bag. Then I have another dice bag (also from the good folks at Gamer's Bag) made of cloth in a red, black and gold lightning-ish sort of pattern that I keep in my gaming satchel. This is the bag o' dice I take on the road.

Finally, I have a black and purple dice bag made for me by a poster at another board. It's sort of fragile, so I keep my unused dice in it, and it lives in a safe place in the drawer to my right as I type this. :)

I haven't bought a dice bag in about two years though. I'm thinking it might be time for one of those dice bags of holding, in something suitably luxurious.

Lhorgrim

Explorer
Am I the only person that uses an old cigar box secured by a rubber band?

Specifically a red and gold colored Roi-Tan blunt tips box from around 1975.
It was my grandfathers and it keeps my dice, a couple of pencils, a calculator, and some index cards for notes.

ssampier

First Post
[Kool Aid Man]
I keep mine in a medium-sized cloth green dice bag, oooh yeah.[/Man]

All three sets live in there, so I was thinking of getting one of those Velvet bags with the nice satin.

So many talk about finding loose dice around the house. The concept of my dice escaping the bag has me fazzled. Then their luck would wear off :lol:

Kevin Cook said:
Per ssampier's Suggestion ... I thought to start his poll

I store mine in ... Rubbermaid containers mostly ... but there are some that are loose ... some that are in a large rolling footlocker

If you are curious ... HERE is how I store 20000+ dice

Hey, thanks for the kudos. But you are the Dice Man, goo goo g'joob.

Corsair

First Post
I store my "active" dice in a Perry Ellis watch case (5" x 4" x 1.5"). Leather outside, soft velvety inside, and a snap enclosure. It makes me feel metrosexual when I play.

My "inactive" dice (aka all the dice I never ever used anyways, even when I brought them with me) all live in a cohiba cigar box on my desk.

ronpurvis

First Post
wolf70 said:
I store my dice in a clear plastic tackle/fishing case. It has uniform square compartments that each hold one set of dice snugly. Every compartment in that thing is full. Also, I like that it is transparent, as this way I can see what dice are where as I open it and take less time to find the dice I need.

I use one made by Plano that you can get from Walmart for about $10. Holds all the dice, counters and a bunch of minatures. I always get comments from people that they want to do the same thing after they see it.

Len

Prodigal Member
Mine are in a small cloth bag from thegamersbag.com. (I don't have many dice.) Another person in my group uses a Crown Royal bag. Clearly, Crown Royal is one of Canada's greatest gifts to world culture. :)

But now that you mention it, I don't know where the other guys in my group keep their dice. They just pull them out of ... somewhere. :uhoh:

Remove ads