• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Where's the weirdest place you've ever found YOUR name?

smootrk

First Post
"COME ON, MILK !!" would make a great battle yell (for some crazy/insane barbarian)

I may have to use it soon for an NPC.... just to freak out my players.

devilbat

First Post
Psionicist said:
evilbat.jpg

Consider this YOINKED!

Hellefire

First Post
AS the first name on a wall listing the names of people (mainly Jewish) killed in a Death Camp in south-east Poland. Not an uncommon name really, and handily comes in first in the alphabet, but nearly the last thing we saw was the wall, after looking at all the other horrific things, and with all that on the top of my mind, I looked up at the wall, and saw my name. Was kinda...chilling. Just my first name by the way, there were no last names listed.

Aaron

I saw an obituary once for this woman who died, and one of her surviving relatives shared my name. That's not odd - my name is decently common - what is is that she died on my birthday. Eerie.

possum

First Post
Tetsubo said:
I was watching one of those True Crime shows on TV one night and the real world murder victim had my first and last name. Creepy...

I got that beat.

google search "Joseph Trueblood"

The guy's a murderer.

AuroraGyps

First Post
My first name is Andrea and I've actually seen it a few times on stuff. When I was little, my Grandpa & I were walking through China Town in NYC and walked by the Andrea Fish Market. There's the Andrea Motel that my family has been driving past for years on our way to & from Long Island, NY. Plus, over the years, I've seen my name's been the brand name for nail polish, earrings, & most recently false eyelashes, lash glue, and few other beauty products.

I have done a search on my name before and found there's another Andrea Vecchione (my married name that I kept after the divorce) that's an actress. Weird.

Zander

Explorer
My surname is Simkin...

There's a wizard/jester/deity character called Simkin in the Darksword novels and RPG by Hickman & Weis (see my sig). I met Margaret Weis once. She thought it was pretty cool that I'm called Simkin.

There's a character called Simkin in Chaucer's Canterbury Tales but it isn't always spelt that way.

In medicine, the Simkin Scale measures pain during childbirth. :confused:

My nickname is Zander derived from my first name, Alexander. Zander isn't just my username on these boards...

In the 1E Judge Dredd RPG, there are a couple of cells from the Judge Dredd strip in which Dredd is interrogating "Mrs. Zander".

Zander is the word for adventurer/fool in dwarven according to the Forgotten Realms supplement Dwarves Deep

My full name is Alexander Simkin...

I read an article in Black Belt magazine once by C. Alexander Simkin.

MonsterMash

First Post
If I google my real name I get usually four main matches - one is me from my running club website and various pages of race results, there is also a former Oakland/LA Raiders and Nebraska Quarterback, a Akido instructor from Grimsby in the UK and a Scuba Diving guy from the UK as well.

Remove ads