D&D 5E Which Class is "The Best" - Your chance to VOTE!

Which Class is "The Best"?

• Barbarian

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • Bard

Votes: 38 30.2%
  • Cleric

Votes: 19 15.1%
  • Druid

Votes: 16 12.7%
  • Fighter

Votes: 19 15.1%
  • Monk

Votes: 6 4.8%
  • Paladin

Votes: 32 25.4%
  • Ranger

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Rogue

Votes: 17 13.5%
  • Sorcerer

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • Warlock

Votes: 17 13.5%
  • Wizard

Votes: 37 29.4%
  • Other (Artificer, etc.)

Votes: 4 3.2%
  • None (They are ALL cool and great, right?!)

Votes: 15 11.9%

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
Prompted by the "Is the Warlock the Best Class?" thread, let's have a poll!

I am sure its been done before, but times change, views change, and people change.

So, what do I mean by the "best"? It doesn't matter. Whatever you consider it to mean, vote that way. Do you want DPR? Do you want most fun? Do you want most popular? Whatever! Vote for what the "best" would mean to you!!

You get three votes (yeah, I know I said the "best" should be only one vote, but for many of us that is just too demanding LOL!).

As always, thanks for voting!

P.S. Obviously, there is no right answer here, it is all personal opinion and preference... so let's keep the arguments out okay? Please? and Thank You! :)

Mister-Kent

Explorer
I've come to really love Clerics - great all-around class, fun for fighting or casting, or support/defense. I have also come to appreciate Druids, but I play my druids just like my clerics, interchangeably. So yeah I love Clerics now apparently

I picked two. My criteria is based on how much fun I had playing those classes.

The Barbarian is so awesome. Resilient, brutal, and just generally a really fun class to play.

The Wizard is my second choice...particularly the Diviner. So very entertaining to drop those critical portents and watch the DM's face fall.

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
Not a big fan of resource management, so fighters and rogues are the best (for me). Third would be the druid. I'm actually in love with the druid's spell list, but the published archetypes are not doing it for me. So I voted cleric because they have the second best spell list. I just wished they add a little more offensive spells taken from the Invoker list from 4e (curses, thundering condemnation, lightnings of judgment, rain of blood etc) to take them even farther away from the heal bot.

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
Out of the PHB, I voted for Barbarian, Rogue, and Monk. They all have interesting mechanics and hit their tropes pretty hard. Only real change I'd make is that I'd like to see Rogue have less power baked into the class framework and more into the subclass.

There are several homebrew classes I use that are superior to any of the PHB classes, though.

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
There are several homebrew classes I use that are superior to any of the PHB classes, though.

I find that is the case usually because the homebrews are OP compared to many of the PHB classes IME. I really do like the flavor for some of them that I've seen, so I can totally respect that!

R_J_K75

Legend
Cleric. I dont care about mechanics so much as I play them for the roleplaying aspect, in the rare event I get to play and not DM these days. Ive never played them as the party healer and have always made the other players in the party show some kind of fealty to the deity I worship. If they dont do anything to promote the goals of the clergy or god in the form of tithing and attending periodical services then they are S.O.L. Lip service wont cut it. OTOH Ive always took the approach that a party has some form of bond/friendship and common goal so within reason I wouldnt stand by and watch a party member die from wounds or a disease, etc if there is something I can do to help them but there has to be a balance here. I dont let them expect to be healed just because Im a cleric, nor do I push my beliefs on them by constantly proselytizing.

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
I find that is the case usually because the homebrews are OP compared to many of the PHB classes IME. I really do like the flavor for some of them that I've seen, so I can totally respect that!
It depends on the homebrew. The best of them are built to be competitive but not better than the strong PHB builds. None of the homebrew I use is stronger than a well built sorlock or a XBE/SS fighter, for example.

Remove ads