D&D 5E Which D&D books currently scheduled for 2023 are you interested in?

Which D&D books currently scheduled for 2023 are you interested in?

• Keys from the Golden Vault

Votes: 69 36.3%
  • Glory of the Giants

Votes: 81 42.6%
  • The Book of Many Things

Votes: 94 49.5%
  • Phandelver Campaign

Votes: 108 56.8%
  • Planescape

Votes: 120 63.2%

After looking up each of the releases I'm not particularly interested in any of them. Each one has pieces that I would like to check out, but that's not really enough anymore. I need something that has more of a wow factor or game changer.

Keys From The Golden Vault isn't my normal type of book, but I was intrigued by a book of individual adventures with a common theme. Even if I wouldn't run the adventures it could be a great resource to run my own heist adventures. The fact that it is a perfect tie-in with the upcoming dnd movie also featuring a heist was almost enough to sell me on a purchase.

Sales for that book will be very telling of the impact of the OGL stuff.

guachi

Hero
Keys from the Golden Vault blurb says there is a "heist at the center of every tale". After Dragon Heist wasn't very heist-y I hope I'm not hasty in saying "fool me once..." to this one.

Glory of the Giants - maybe

The Book of Many Things - no. I've never really been interested in the Deck of Many Things so a book about it doesn't appeal to me.

Phandelver Campaign - no. I haven't been fond of Hasbro's 5e campaign books. I loved Lost Mines of Phandelver and think it's an A+ adventure. But not the longer campaigns.

Planescape - no. I wasn't particularly interested in Planescape when it debuted for 2e. I like that it exists. I bought some of the 2e pdfs from DMs Guild on sale a few years ago. But I have no real desire to get a 5e book of it when I'm never going to run any adventures using it.

So I guess that leaves one "maybe". But with Hasbro's behavior recently it's really a hard "no".

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
I think the main thing that has me less interested in getting more books is that with the changes to OneDnD, any player options that come out in books this year are likely to be out of date as soon as OneDnD comes out if they're something like subclasses.

Giants and Planescape - very interested. I may be a bit biased towards giants, as many here will know from my giant elites threads I made a few years ago lol.

Book of Many Things - intrigued, as we really don't know exactly what will be in it other than some UAs and other hints. I'll need to see further details as it gets closer to release.

Vault and Phandelver - sort of interested. Will need to see further details.

Riley

Legend
I’m curious about Planescape and Phandelver, but 5e Spelljammer has set my hopes pretty low for Planescape, and their intentional shift to adventures made in small chunks makes me dubious about Phandelver.

Plus, the general Wizards fiasco. 🙃

It may be a pretty cheap year for me! Probably just a couple Kickstarters: Kobold and Goodman… and some unexpected surprise or another.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Assuming I am okay with giving them money by the time they come out, all but Planescape.

Only way I’d buy a Planescape book is if the art is spectacular, and they fill chock full of individual bits that I want. Even then…eh.

Remove ads