D&D 5E Which D&D books currently scheduled for 2023 are you interested in?

Which D&D books currently scheduled for 2023 are you interested in?

• Keys from the Golden Vault

Votes: 69 36.3%
  • Glory of the Giants

Votes: 81 42.6%
  • The Book of Many Things

Votes: 94 49.5%
  • Phandelver Campaign

Votes: 108 56.8%
  • Planescape

Votes: 120 63.2%

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Although Planescape obviously has a lot of very vocal fans with very specific demands for what they want a 5E Planescape to be like, I think there are plenty of people who would just like a more detailed Outer Planes setting and bestiary, even if it doesn't check every box in terms of updating 2E Planescape (which would be a truly enormous undertaking to even do half way).
I don't need tons of detail on Sigil......I'm not sure how people use that much detail. What I'd like is more on the Outlands and a great bestiary / NPC book. I'm unsure on what I want from the adventure, as I just haven't LOVED much other than the box sets lately.

Good on you for acknowledging it's over the top! If you had acted as though this was a perfectly reasonable reaction that everyone should take I would have been a bit worried. But if going complete scorched earth is the most fun way for you to channel your anger, then go for it.
I think it's pretty over the top too. Only difference, if he intends to troll every thread that involves the company, I'd finally have to try out that ignore feature.

Although Planescape obviously has a lot of very vocal fans with very specific demands for what they want a 5E Planescape to be like, I think there are plenty of people who would just like a more detailed Outer Planes setting and bestiary, even if it doesn't check every box in terms of updating 2E Planescape (which would be a truly enormous undertaking to even do half way).
While I understand that part of the market, I suspect they would be better served by something called "The Manual of the Planes", rather than bringing the Planescape branding back for the first time since second edition.

Weiley31

Legend
Revamped Phandelver (especially since apparently its gonna go Eldritch or something). The Giants Book, and Planescape 5E.
Book of Many Things: Depends on the content.

Tyranny of Dragons Standard Cover Edition will happen sometime later this year.

I'm not really interested in Heists.

Right now: I'm just interested in nabbing the 3rd party stuff that interests me right now. Before WoTC perma-screws those purchase options up.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
I think it's pretty over the top too. Only difference, if he intends to troll every thread that involves the company, I'd finally have to try out that ignore feature.
Hey, you do you. But personally... I have found that even with the people I tend to disagree with or argue with a lot here on the boards that there are still plenty of threads where we are on the same page. And in fact, even the people who I tend to agree with most of the time here, we'll occasionally knock heads on some issue or other.

If I hit Ignore on every poster who said something that I found irritating at some point... I'd pretty much be here by myself. Heck... I probably would have hit Ignore on myself on occasion, LOL! There's been several times where a necro'd thread from like 8 years ago pops up and I see what I posted in it and then wondered what the hell I was thinking when I did it.

Last edited:

Scribe

Legend
That sounds over the top.
Weekend Flying GIF by United Wrestling Network

Remove ads