D&D 5E Which D&D books currently scheduled for 2023 are you interested in?

Which D&D books currently scheduled for 2023 are you interested in?

• Keys from the Golden Vault

Votes: 69 36.3%
  • Glory of the Giants

Votes: 81 42.6%
  • The Book of Many Things

Votes: 94 49.5%
  • Phandelver Campaign

Votes: 108 56.8%
  • Planescape

Votes: 120 63.2%

Stormonu

Legend
Yeah I don't need another DM screen.
I have enough DM screens to last me a lifetime.

However ... I'd like to see them do a modular screen. 3 paneled, landscape orientation. Two of the panels are fixed with information about conditions and other core information. The 3rd panel can be replaced with information specific to a campaign world or adventure, or just something custom-made by the DM or a 3rd party possibly. New books come with one cardboard sheet that can be put in the screen, or possibly sell them separately for past books or in a pack.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
I'm very curious about planescape, but the lack of depth in spellhammer gives me doubts.

The phandelver book could be great, as I really like the two big sets, but if they just reprint the adventures we already have, I'm not interested at all.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
There are a couple I'm curious about - and HAD been interested in getting. Then WotC squirreled everything up. So now it's a cautious wait and see.

akr71

Hero
Currently? None.

I'm curious about the Giants book though. If the reviews do well and I'm still playing D&D a year from now, I may pick it up. I'm surprised at how many people are interested in Planescape after the Spelljammer release last year.

Vael

Legend
I'm not currently planning on purchasing any of these, even before the OGL debacle I was in a wait and see mode because I was expecting to save up for next year's new Core set.

But I am at least interested in learning more about Keys from the Golden Vault and The Book of Many Things.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I don't know enough about any of them to answer. I'm pretty confident that I can say I'm not interested in the Phandelver Campaign though. Whilst Lost Mines was well written, it's just too generic fantasy for me.
If WotC gets their crap together, I'm actually interested in this one, as I've used Phandelver to give three D&D groups their starts and I love it compared to my prior go-tos for first timers, the Village of Homlett and Keep on the Borderlands.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I'm curious about the Giants book though. If the reviews do well and I'm still playing D&D a year from now, I may pick it up. I'm surprised at how many people are interested in Planescape after the Spelljammer release last year.
Although Planescape obviously has a lot of very vocal fans with very specific demands for what they want a 5E Planescape to be like, I think there are plenty of people who would just like a more detailed Outer Planes setting and bestiary, even if it doesn't check every box in terms of updating 2E Planescape (which would be a truly enormous undertaking to even do half way).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases