Which do you prefer?

Which do you prefer to be?

• Player

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • GM/DM

Votes: 32 76.2%

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
I can only honestly say GM because I put so much effort into being one and will happily go long periods GMing without being a player in any campaign, but have never gone long periods only playing but not GMing.

I also love to play and wish I had more time and opportunities to be a player.

not-so-newguy

I'm the Straw Man in your argument
I voted for GM/DM, but lately I've been really itching to be a player again. Getting somebody else in our group to step up and take over is going to be difficult methinks.

SableWyvern

Adventurer
I've been almost exclusively a GM for the entirety of my TTRPG career, and I much prefer it. I count myself lucky that there are no players in my group who are both eager and able to run their own games, so I get to stay in the GM chair and run pretty much anything I want.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
My preference is to be the DM (or GM, or Storyteller, or Lore Keeper, or...)

But I'm also very happy to roll up a character, write a backstory, and play. I don't need to be the GM to enjoy the game.

Last edited:

aco175

Legend
I think that I like being a player more, but has not happened outside of the local convention since 3e days. I enjoy being a DM, but my first instinct looking at the question was player.

DragonLancer

Adventurer
I enjoy both but if I had the choice I would be the GM. Although I enjoy playing, I often find that I feel I don't have enough control over what happens. As the GM I have access to everything to make things more fun.

Remove ads