Which do you prefer?

Which do you prefer to be?

• Player

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • GM/DM

Votes: 32 76.2%

aramis erak

Legend
Honestly, my preference is to do shared GMing...

My eldest and I shared GMing of L5R 5 for the later half of a year long campaign... and my PC and hers were NPCs (and not in GMPC mode). Mine was Seppun Kenta, nephew of the Emperor, and haunted by their great grandfather; he was trained in, and retired to found a clanless school of, the Kaito Monastery. My favorite memory is using fowling blunts to deliver healing spells... (Kaito can cast any spell to any place they can hit with their bows...) There's also a spell that lets you take yourself and a person you're holding on to to a spot within some range; abusing that to get the key NPC out of combat by shooting my bow to the very limits of its range...

Warpiglet-7

Cry havoc! And let slip the pigs of war!
I just want to play D&D as either DM or PC.

My problem is time…and energy. Have had a blast DMing the kids. Maybe 3 hours of prep total and we are almost to 3rd level.

So low level, lower demand…

That said, I have really come
To appreciate donjon and its dungeons…being a DM with an NPC that might be a PC later is great!

I did a two day large group con this summer. I made terrain, had some customized minis. It was many months/years in the making if you count the foam dungeon and campaign setting.

When that was done I was exhausted…but the lower level play now is warming me up…

Remove ads