Which Dungeons Did Secret Doors Right?

mattcolville

Adventurer
Or did them well?

I assume Good Dungeons have multiple paths, some secret, and secret content which, if you missed, meant you had a different experience that the parties that found it. That your party and my party could go through a Good Dungeon and, when we compared our experiences, we discovered that each of us encountered content the other didn't, and we'd want to go play through that Dungeon again with new characters.

Were there any stand-out dungeons in this respect?

Kinak

First Post
My exposure to published dungeons is pretty minimal, but I do have a fondness for Jorgenfist from Fortress of the Stone Giants (Rise of the Runelords #4). The subbasement is linear, but two parties could go through the rest in very different ways and see different content.

In a more general sense, if you haven't read the Jaquaying the Dungeon articles, I strongly suggest them.

Cheers!
Kinak

Zardnaar

Legend
I like the dungeons in B5 Horror on the Hill. My plauyers missed a few secret doors but used a maggic wand to find a few hidden ones.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Since Thread Necromancy is all the rage lately I figured I would necro a thread I felt never got enough answers relative to the worth of the question. So, which dungeons did secret doors right?

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
I thought that the main secret passage on the sewer map for A3 - Aerie of the Slavelords was well placed. It's there for all the right reasons within the fiction of the module.

Jacob Lewis

Ye Olde GM
Since Thread Necromancy is all the rage lately I figured I would necro a thread I felt never got enough answers relative to the worth of the question. So, which dungeons did secret doors right?
Necro threads are the "secret doors" of today's dungeons. ;)

I mean, forums.

Remove ads