D&D 5E Which Magic the Gathering setting would you want added officially to D&D?

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Innistad could just be a domain of Ravenloft that started as a MtG world.

It could, true. I’d also be fine with simply presenting it as a world that operates like a normal world that plays with the same themes as Ravenloft. Doesn’t merit its own book on that basis, but it could merit being part of a book with several settings.

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
Why would anyone redo the OA1 when they could do an updated current Kara Tur?
Well, the 3e OA wasn't much better, so I really don't have high hopes. But I agree, if they're going to do an Asian-inspired supplement, Kara-Tur would probably be the best choice. But hopefully, they draw more mechanics from the diverse cultures instead of it being nearly monolithically Japanese-oriented (like shoehorning samurai into the two Chinas and such.

Do you fine folks think that Magic will pull in some settings from D&D? If they launched a new setting book and adventure that could coincide with a new block for MtG. I'm sure it could help draw in new players as well.

gyor

Legend
Do you fine folks think that Magic will pull in some settings from D&D? If they launched a new setting book and adventure that could coincide with a new block for MtG. I'm sure it could help draw in new players as well.

Not in 2020, we already know all the settings they will hit in 2020, but 2021, maybe.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
So how does this thread speculation mesh with this thread?

I only see Ravnica

Well, in the main screen there is also a Plane Shift Setting that includes all of the existing documents.

My read is that whatever they have planned for Greyhawk and Dragonlance is immanent: soon, very soon

Remove ads